He sleeps.
A lot.
I am not complaining. Let me repeat, I am not complaining.
I am worried. Mason did two things as a baby - ate and cried. No, that's wrong. He pooped and hiccuped too, but he never slept. And if, by some miracle, he did sleep he was in someone's arms, or rigged in a baby burrito with roaring white noise suffocating all silence. He never slept.
Grant sleeps. He sleeps on his tummy while I am folding laundry. He sleeps in his swing, when it's off, he sleeps while Mason bangs toys on our hard wood floors. He sleeps and sleeps and sleeps.
Again, I repeat, I am not complaining. I am actually scared to post this for fear that I will somehow break this magical spell.
But my concern with all this sleeping is that he is not eating quite enough. When he nurses, he nurses on the first side for, at most, 10 minutes. This is followed by me burping him and trying desperately to wake him. Then I practically forcefeed him the other side while he sleeps in my arms. I am not overly concerned. He appears to be growing and when he is awake is very alert and squirmy and kicky. So I think he is fine.
But he sleeps guys. He sleeps a lot. I don't know quite what to do with this.
Oh, and last night. He slept in his bed. He did wake up about four times, but ate, pooped and returned to slumberland.
Maybe I just forgot how much they sleep. But I just hope he's okay.
I am really scared to post this. Like I may curse it or something.
Quick Prayer:
Thank you Jesus for this sweet sleeping baby. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!
P.S. After looking at the pictures of Grant's double chin, I think he is eating more than enough. If the double chin or rolls go away, then maybe I can worry...
5 comments:
He looks like he is in good health.
When J. was first born, I had tons of free time on my hands. He slept all the time. Give him some time.
I feel like I'm getting paybacks now.
Maybe you hit the baby jackpot like I did with Aulora. She slept all the time and to this day she is a wonderful sleeper. I'm talking 12-14 hours at night and a 2-3 hour nap! And she's already 1! So like I said, maybe you just got yourself one super awesome baby........
The awake time will come.
You are blessed.
They say they get like 90%, or something high like that, in the first 5 minutes of nursing.
Mattie only nursed for 5-10 minutes and was done until 2-3 hours later.
All babies are different and we expect another of what we have.
And with each one they can sleep through more and more...
Enjoy him, you paid your dues...
L sleeps alot also. She only cries when she is hungry. I can't wait to see him. How are you feeling?
rememeber A. He may be more like her. She ate very little and sleep alot. She grew up to be just fine. So just rememeber you are blessed.
Post a Comment