Sunday, September 9, 2007

Joining the bullet bandwagon

Because I haven't posted in a while, I have much to say, but nothing super important. So the bullet blog seems more than appropriate.
  • I have a doctor's appt on Tuesday. On tuesday there will be 30 days until my due date. So verrrrrry excited!
  • How is it that watermelon can make me so happy?
  • I wrote a very pathetic, woe is me post on Thursday in which I complained about, well, everything. It was deleted. But not before La posted a very sweet comment. Thanks, La. It made me feel better.
  • Friday, after my horrible Thursday, I arrived at school to find a gift bag hanging from my door with a big bag of starburst and and a big bag of skittles. The bag said "Mrs. Wilde" so I can only assume it was from a student. It was so very sweet.
  • I think the contractions are becoming less frequent oddly enough. I am very curious to see if I have "progressed" any. If I have, I am going to have a long 4 weeks ahead of me because I already feel like every day could be "the day." Finding out that I am effaced or dilated will make me go crazy.
  • I am so excited that my two dear friends, Sara and Jenni, from school (who I barely see anymore. Pooh.) are throwing me a school shower after the little guy arrives. I think that will be just perfect and so fun and will be a super good excuse to show off the little guy!
  • I need a name for the little guy.
  • Today, Mason said his "body was leaking" because he was sweating. It was pretty cute.
  • Last night, much too late, Troy and I laughed until it hurt watching a very old Bill Cosby stand up act. His view on parenting was hilarious.
  • I realized this past week that 6th graders know very little of September 11th. How can I acknowledge this day? I feel like it is important and knowing about it, knowing of the sacrifice and heroism of that day, is something every student should know. I'll think of something....
  • Someone please come remove the food that is always present in my hand. I can't stop. Everything sounds good. I have had to utilize every ounce of self control in my body to keep from rushing to the store and buying the ingredients for A's brownies. I know I would eat half the batter before it made it to the pan. Oh, gosh. With a cup of milk...I can't stop myself...Just do it, Jenny. You're pregnant. You deserve it! You... you... you did laundry this weekend! That warrants brownies for sure!!!! Go. Buy. Eat. Be merry.
  • I'm still here.
  • I haven't wanted to blog about this because I am slightly embarrassed. I feel like it is frivolous but it was mainly Troy's doing. Well, it was his doing. I just get to enjoy the benefits. He bought a new tv. After months, literally, of research to determine the best tv at the best price, he took the plunge. We now have a large flat screen. He used his stash of money that he saves up instead of going to sonic all the time, and did it. I have to admit, it's pretty cool. The HD channels are amazing. I might even become an avid fan of football because it just looks so amazing. So, there you go. We have a new tv. I know. It's frivolous, but sometimes a little "frivle" is necessary. Plus, it was all his doing...
  • If he can buy a new flat screen, I should be able to get brownies, right?
  • Is it silly that I am excited about packing my bag for the hospital? I keep thinking of it like I am going to a hotel. Um, not quite. I've done this before so I don't know why I am so delusional.
  • It has started to hit me lately that there is a very good chance that I may go into labor at school. That could be interesting. I mean, I don't think it's going to be, like, one minute I am fine and the next I am screaming in pain, but I can just see me as the day progresses going, "Um, yeah, that is starting to hurt. ...Um, maybe I should call someone...um, HOLY COW - YOU, student whose name I still don't know, go to the office now! Just say "Mrs. Wilde. Now." This could be very interesting...
  • Troy just left so if I want the brownies I will have to take mason with me to the store. Probably not worth it...NO, IT IS!!!! I must go now.
  • Still here.
  • Is it weird that I am already super excited about Christmas? I mean, can't wait. This is going to be the year. We're going all out - decorations, baking days, craft days, beautifully wrapped presents. Christmas music till we can't stand it. I know I will have a newborn. I don't care. This is the year. The year amazing Christmas traditions begin. It's going to be so great.
  • That post just made me realize that I am going to be trying to lose baby weight over the holidays. That's just flingin' flangin' fantastic.
  • So, I am going to be fat anyway, what's a little batch of brownies gonna hurt...
  • Is it possible for a baby's limb to actually bust through your tummy?
  • I am bummed, so very bummed, that I am not going on the retreat. I had such a blast last year. But it's like two weeks before my due date. I will either be huge and uncomfortable, peeing more than is humanly possible, OR I will be huge and uncomfortable, with a newborn. It's just not good timing. And there's going to be all these great posts about it. Pooh on all of you, retreaters. JK.
  • Will there be brownies at the retreat? I could just deliver the baby there. I mean all you moms will know what to do. and the brownies could be just as good as the epidural.
  • Okay, so since starting this blog, I have had four contractions. Weird.
  • I think I have rambled enough.
  • Have a great week, ladies!
  • Just had contraction five. Hmm...wouldn't it be crazy if this was the real deal? It's not. I know it, but wouldn't it be crazy...

4 comments:

beautiful chaos said...

Awww... I really have missed you!
Thanks for the thoughts. i always love to read them.
I won't lie - I read your thursday post. It wasn't as bad as you're making it out to be...

Meems said...

Your thoughts are so very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

A few thought on your thoughts...

If your second time around is anything like mine was you really will think your on vacation...so easy.

I don't get to go on retreat either and I agree with you..poo

No wonder you look so great. You actually control your pregnancy urghes. I ate first thought later.

Flat Screen...we've been talking about it for a year...Neill wants one...I want him to have one....we may follow suit at Christmas...shhh

marme said...

Do you know how many times I wanted to beg you to come to the retreat, convincing you it was only 1 hour away. It is just 1 hour away. You could get back in plenty of time and I promise brownies, lots of brownies!

Besides, everyone is asking if Candy & Brandy will be attending.

ree said...

Oh, yes, it would be most enjoyable to learn of the changes the last year has brought to Candy and Brandy....hilarious!

You will definitely be missed...I may have to sneak you and meems a fried pie before we go so we can at least snack together in spirit! =)