Monday, September 3, 2007

A Baby Dream

I have had several baby dreams over the last few months but they were all typical dreams - weird. Last night I had one that, while it still had some weird moments, was so very real.

This dream was different in that I was in labor which was indeed dreamlike and then I gave birth to the sweet baby. And I held him in my arms and nursed him and Troy and I just stared at him and friends and family gathered around and it was perfect. And he was four weeks early. I hope that's not a sign.

We still didn't have a name. Yeah, a little worrisome. Troy, Mason and I talk about this all the time but we just can't find one. Usually out of nowhere, someone will say something like, "What about Carter?"
The other two think for a moment and then go, "Nooo...I don't think that is it. I still like Grant...Nicholas Grant, Austin Grant....I don't know."
And then we all scroll through the name possibilities again only to end the conversation somewhere along the lines of, "Hmmm...I just don't know..." Sometimes we'll even go so far as to imagine using the names -
"Grant, get over here this instant!...These are our sons - Mason and Grant. These are our sons, Austin and mason...These are our sons Nick and Mason...Nicholas Grant Wilde.. Grant Austin Wilde.."
Eventually the conversation just ends with discouraged looks on our faces. I fear we may make the final decision when we see the little guy. I wish our doctor was fantastic and had a cool name so we could name him after him, but Lourell just isn't right. And all the boy names in my family are, well, not right either - richard, roger, Lewis, Swanson(yes, that is it), Cook(again, yes), etc.
Oh, well. We'll find something for this little wiggle worm.

****

So, I have spent almost my entire holiday weekend sitting at my computer typing up lesson plan after lesson plan for a sub I have yet to find and for the other two writing teachers who are under my "leadership." Bless their hearts. They are clueless. I am used to getting together with the writing teachers once a week, discussing something along the lines of a general topic we will focus on, sharing some lesson ideas and then we go back to our classroom and plan specific lessons that work for our teaching style and our specific students. Well, these poor ladies want me to tell them exactly what to do and then do it. And every time I rub my tummy, they look at me in terror. It's really quite overwhelming.

So, because I don't want to leave them high and dry and because I don't want to meet with them every day in 4th period which takes away my conference period, I have decided to just do it.

I have a supply list, objective, bellwork, lesson, and what grades to take for every day until THANKSGIVING. And the lessons aren't just "work on Sensory Poems." They are step by step, detailed instructions.I still have to type up a few weeks, but I know what the lessons will be for each one.

I feel better. They better feel better. And my sub better be able to do this.


One last thing...in my dream, Crys had triplets. That was one of the weird parts. :) And for some reason a Jerry Springer-esque show was being filmed in the next room.

6 comments:

Gema said...

Don says he is going to be famous so he needs a good sports name. I like Carter, Grant, Brady....

ree said...

Carter Grant W...that sounds like a good strong name...I can hear it being announced by a sports-caster! =) I've always liked the name Nicholas, too.
Anyway, not trying to butt in...just my 2 cents...

Triplets???

crys said...

uh, yea.

triplets???

CG said...

I told all understand the unknown lesson plan timing thing. Except mine was not as long. Those pregnacy dreams sure do stay with you for a while.

La said...

If it makes you feel better, Julia was almost 3 days old before she had a name. John and I had the hardest time coming up with a girl name we both liked. He finally had to go somewhere so he left me at the hospital with a list of names he felt were acceptable. Julia was on the list and it seemed like the least offensive name. I really like it now, but it had to grow on me.

Even with Aulora, we didn't decide for absolute certain until we saw her. There's nothing wrong with that. So don't worry. That baby will have a name. =)

Sarah P. Henry said...

i like carter. that's one of the names landon and i discuss for if we ever have a boy. we got a new one today though.. thanks to kj. it's AWE-SOME!

that lesson plan deal is amazing. i have to turn in a plan tomorrow for a class i took for my teacher training, and it's taken me weeks to perfect. i can't imagine all those you're doing. until thanksgiving. geez.