For some reason Mason is obsessed with how strong Jesus is. I don't knowwhy or where it came from, but he is obsessed with it. I can only imagine what his mental image of Jesus might be.
He always asks things like, "Can Jesus hold our house?" I reply with a yes. Mason looks amazed and asks another similar question like, "Can Jesus hold our house and...and my lamp?" I say yes again. This goes on until he is too amazed to keep asking or I say, "Yes, Mason. Yes! Jesus can carry anything. ANYTHING. He can do ANYTHING. "
Well, tonight, the true strength of Jesus was discovered.
Mason: Can Jesus hold a dinosaur?
Me: Yes
Mason: our house?
Me: Yes, I have told you that.
Mason: Can he hold a dinosaur, my fan, shoes, books, (his eyes are scanning his bedroom) and my lightning Mcqueen car?
Me: Yes, Mason, Jesus can do ANYTHING.
Mason: But can he hold you, mommy?
Me: yes, Mason.
Mason's eyes widen in complete and total amazement at our God's awesome strength and says,
"Man, he is strong."
Well, thank you son. I am glad that Jesus' ability to hold me is more impressive than his ability to hold a dinosaur and our house. That makes me feel fantastic.
:)
6 comments:
ok so i started reading your little trip down memory lane stuff. i had to RIP myself away from it!! i have a messy house to clean and i've been sitting here for a good hour! you are too creative. i don't remember much about the apollo 13 event.i do remember that i got home from that corpus trip to find that jeremmy had just decided to like me to make some dumb girl jealous and then i was upset and had to tell my mom! and then i got in trouble b/c i wasn't supposed to have a real boyfriend. imagine that.
you and troy really have turned out to be perfect for eachother. and i am jealous.
and your little boys are just an added bonus to the completion of your storybook romance - the only thing is that it's real - and you don't find storybook romances on this earth very often.
and jesus is big enough to hold you, in all your turmoil and irritatingly emotional days. he carries us at our most trying times. pregnant and crazy or not isnt' it amazing to watch God take our lives and do something wonderful in them??
i bawled over the post about your dad.it was a beautiful tribut to your dad.he was a great man.and he's always watching over you. things like that make me feel like a bad friend. like those of us that grew up together have finally grown too far apart. i hate that it seems like life has taken over and there's no room for the way things used to be, when were were all at youth group and we all "got" eachother. and we all attended eachother's b-day parties. but we all had to grow up, and we've done the best we can to keep in touch. and we can be grateful that we still have eachother.
i love you girl. you keep trucking along, you've given me some great inspirations. you are a strong girl.
I saw you from afar at church today. The first thought when I saw you was, man is she still in her regular jeans. You look great. I hope you have a fantabulous week ahead.
I saw you today too - but I couldn't stop to talk...
How are you??
Good?
I'm glad we had this talk.
Have a great week!!
Jesus is holding you and baby wilde.
wow. that's actually a good way to think of it marme.
but, man, i am so glad we have this blog thing. you get to record what you would want to remember about what your kids say, but we get to remember it too. that may be one of the cutest things ever. i can just picture his little face full of shock! hehe!
hahaha...ok so I laughed for like an hour. Man I love that kid. He is going to be the best big brother..you can just tell.
Post a Comment