So, I went to the doctor today. The weigh-in was unpleasant. That is all you're getting from me about that.
Then he examined me and these were his words, "The cervix is thick, the baby's head is very low(emphasis on very) and you are dialated to 1 centimeter. I think a couple of weeks is what we're looking at and you definitely shouldn't worry about going over."
So. There you have it, folks. This baby could be showing up at any point over the next 30 days. Now that is a crazy exciting feeling. I am trying incredibly hard to not get excited about him coming as soon as two weeks but I so cannot wait. I even don't care about the whole maternity leave timing. I just want to meet him, hold him, snuggle him.
But he could very well stay put for a whole 30 days. He could and for more reasons than one, that would be best. But if he shows up early, I definitely won't be complaining.
In celebration of, well, of something, of...not having to weigh in for another week, I just ate about half a bowl of brownie batter and almost can't concentrate thinking of the remaining batter baking in the oven. THe batter was all I dreamed it would be and more.
Sorry, I got off track a little bit.
So place your bets, ladies and gents(you bloggers -in- secret gents), when do you think little boy Wilde will make his debut?
I suddenly feel the overwhelming exciting panic to prepare the world for his arrival. I must start cleaning, copying lessons, tying up loose ends, preparing for visitors... :)
Oh, one more thing. The Doctor said he is probably about 6 -7 pounds. Of course that was before the brownies...we might be looking at a nine pounder.
6 comments:
I'm getting super excited for you! My heart is actually beating a little faster. =)
One thing I've learned after having 3 kids and being able to look back after each experience is this - it was very obvious that I was about to have my baby in the next 24-36 hours because of a HUGE nesting urge. Cleaning, organizing, washing all the little clothes, etc. Our bodies really do just know. So pay attention to those really strong cleaning urges!
i say he will be born in 2 1/2 weeks. i am so excited for you. i loved being pregnant. there's is one sure way to make him come faster. or at least it worked for bekah.
Kimmie!
Now looking at it naturally...
2 weeks would be about the time of the retreat and since we don't want the little guy coming while we are all gone, I'm going to say...
Sunday, September 23, at 8:36pm
weighing 6 lbs, 15 oz. 19 1/2 in long. blonde hair, blue eyes.
Hahahaha! KDP! You're so right though. =)
I think we're all in for a surprise!
Pink cushions anyone?
Why, Hello Audrey!
Well, it's far-fetched,I know -
I should write for "LOST"
I guess it won't be long til we all know the facts!
I can't wait!!
I'm personally offended by your Lost comment, A. You and John should get in a boat and sail off together - you're both such Lost party poopers! It's the best show ever!!!
I don't want to make a prediction because I don't like being wrong. =)
Post a Comment