Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Fantastic Reminder

I was reminded today why I teach, why I work 50 hours a week, why I have parent conferences that do nothing(sometimes), why I can't sleep at night because my brain won't stop thinking about school, why I go to meetings, ards, and conferences, why I grade papers just so my students can ask if they can throw them away, why I plan perfect lessons just to see them come undone every day in 6th period.

I got two end-of-the-year gifts today.

One was a gift card to Cold Stone Creamery. Fantastic and wonderful especially for a hot, pregnant woman.

The other?

A most glorious gift card to HOBBY LOBBY!!! I did a dance of joy!

That just about makes it all worth it.

Thank you, Moriah, for reminding my why I do what I do. Free stuff.

Not really. I do like my job. And as the year is ending I always get this little pang of sadness and this little voice in my head starts to say, "maybe you should be a teacher...maybe it's not so bad...maybe this is okay..."

I need to shut up that little voice before my principal hears it.

1 comment:

kj said...

yeah, well...i got a little teddy bear, some lotion and a box. so...who cares about hobby lobby.

gosh.