Sunday, January 27, 2008

We found the carpet!

Below is a picture of Mason's room yesterday morning. Shameful, I know. It had been like that almost non stop since Christmas. We would clean it , but it would just get messy all over again. There just wasn't a good system in place. So, yesterday, I made a plan, went greasy-hair-ponytailed to Lowes with both boys, spent 10 years picking out the best, yet cheapest supplies and then Mason and I went to work.

I bought six buckets hung them from hooks on one of his walls and now each bucket holds certain toys. In mason's words we have "a cars bucket, a mans bucket, a ball bucket, an outside bug toy catcher bucket, a shooter things bucket and a critters bucket." Big toys are in the closet and trunk.
I love it because he can take the buckets off the wall and take them outside or wherever and then it's easy to put them back. Things are kept off the floor and I think the buckets are kind of cute. I am thinking of painting a square of chalkboard paint on the buckets or on the wall above the bucket for labeling, but can't decide if that's a good idea or not.
I am also thrilled about the big blank wall above the buckets. What to do...what to do...

4 comments:

Gema said...

Wow!! I just love it. Very ingenious to use the buckets. I think it should work great. I like the re-arrangement, too.
Mason is too cute....reminding you to clean up the mess...
oh, and congrats on your poker winnings. I am so proud.

Wendy said...

I'm very impressed with the bucket idea. Organized and cute. I like the idea of painting chalkboard paint above each bucket to label them, too. Great job, mom!

Meems said...

So different. I love seeing things like that you don't see all the time. His room is like a boy fairytale land.

Sarah P. Henry said...

you are quite amazing. i'm currently trying to figure out how/where to store ellie's even-increasing number of toys. i might be calling you...