Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Random Thoughts

This is going to be quick. I am just waiting for the coffee to take effect so I have some form of energy to finish laundry, wash dishes, clean the bathroom and grade the insane stack of papers sitting in my bag. Apparently, when you have worksheet days, you also have worksheet grades...it's kind of a lose-lose...

Troy was gone last night and won't be back until late tonight. It's nice to have the house to myself every once in a while...for about five seconds. Then I crave adult contact and miss him terribly. Plus I miss the extra body heat in bed.

I bought a new pair of shoes about two weeks ago - 14 bucks from wal-mart. If you have seen me since that time, you have seen the new shoes: black ballet slipper with brassish buckle on the toe. I have literally worn them almost every day. You wanna know the last pair of shoes I bought? The white heels I wore in Kylah's wedding...in March. My husband better know how lucky he is.

I think I have booked my first official "shoot" as sprinkle of grace photography. Remember my friend who got engaged a while back when her fiance proposed at school? She wants me to do her engagements in February. I am desperately hoping I can do her bridals too because she is beautiful. I would love to have her in my, ahem, my portfolio. Aaah, yes, my portfolio. It sounds so very professional, doesn't it....

Still no phone. I even cleaned the car out today. I am officially worried.

Grant might be spoiled. just a wee bit. This is the routine: Cries, cries, cries, pick him up, stops, even act like you're putting him down, and he starts to grumble. Not good. Today his teacher told me "he did so much better yesterday. He usually would cry for like thirty minutes before calming down sometimes, but now he doesn't. " Needless to say I cried in the car on the way to school and once again calculated the financial ramifications of me just quitting. Sigh. Next year. Next year is the year. I can feel it.

The coffee is kicking in.

I can't wait to go home. I have monday off so it will be a nice little stay. Mom asked what I wanted her to make. Um, um, Pork Chops, Squash and potatoes(the kind in the pan with onions and kind of crispy) and maybe, maybe, Nona's Sausage Soup...AND CORNBREAD!!! That's a must. I don't care if that is a meal all by itself. Yum...I can't wait! I'm sad Troy can't go. Work. Stupid work.

Speaking of Troy and work - he won't have a single day off until mid MARCH. Not a one. Many overnight trips. Many late nights and odd hours. But some of the days, like Saturdays and Sundays are just like a two hour practice or so, not the whole day. But our time together is very sparse. BUT he and I both have two MONTHS off together in the summer, with paychecks!!! Now, I can't complain about that!

Wendy's last post was so great. I loved it. It was just wonderful and relieving, if that makes sense. I am so glad she shared it.

The darn coffee has taken effect so I can procrastinate no longer. I must do. something.

This wasn't quick at all. I am just a woman of many words, I suppose.

3 comments:

Meems said...

I'll bet he's spoiled. He's too cute to put down.

It's funny how pretty people make for pretty photos. I'm glad your getting some business.

jellybean said...

keep your chin up about staying home girl! i quit - and it's not going to be pretty. i had to quit, baby TJ has too many medical issues right now to put him in any kind of day care,he'd be a huge liability!! and anyone that i am close to that would be willing to watch him daily lives an hour a way (love you mom!) with bills paid and gas in big TJ's truck for the month we will have 100 bucks for groceries for THE WHOLE MONTH! (God are you there?)
i know how lonely it can get when our men are away - even if it's just for a while. it is nice to have the extra time to spend doing what we want to do b/c we don't have to take care of an extra body - but the niceness wears off rather quickly!
again i have to say your boys are so sweet, and you are blessed. and everything else will fall into place.things have a way of working out exactly how they are supposed to, they always do.

Wendy said...

Hey, I made it on someone's blog! I'm so flattered! I'm glad you liked my post. I, too, felt relieved.