I think I have the best boys in the whole world. I am just smitten!
Grant is pure perfection. His profile, that cute little nose and chin, his eyelashes, oh my heavens, it just about breaks my heart it's so adorable. And he giggles a lot now. This cute, sweet, deep little chuckle that makes any day a thousand times better. He's started talking - you know all those goo's, and Gaaaahs and mmm's. Sometimes I could swear he just knows he is telling us something of such great importance.
He loves his exersaucer. He loves to lay on the floor and kick. He loves to eat. Obviously. He weighs 17 pounds. He wears at least size 6 months clothes and has outgrown many of those things. Nine months fit him best. He thinks getting his diaper changed is just the best thing in the world! He giggles and smiles and squirms. It actually makes changing his diaper kinda fun. While he is sleeping really well in his bed, he still loves to snuggle with me and nap. I have a hard time getting to sleep because I am just so in love with him. I just love to watch him.
We found what appears to be a birthmarks on his left knee. I am thrilled about this because I have a birthmark on my upper left thigh. Also, he has this little dimple on his chest. So does Mason. And so did my dad. I know this is super cheesy and totally stupid, but I feel like that little dimple is God's way of showing me that my dad got to meet my boys before they left heaven.
Grant is everything I could have hoped for. And by the way, Troy is totally smitten as well. And I think the bottle feeding thing has helped him feel more involved in a lot of ways.
***
Mason. Oh, boy. That's what he says all the time.
"Mason, do you want to have potato soup for dinner?"
"Ooh, boy, I do."
He is so great. We have been battling him getting in bed with us. We told him for special occasions, or scary nights he can sleep in our bed, but not every night. He's been doing pretty well with that, but yesterday and today, he brought a pillow and blanket in our room and slept on the floor. It was sweet and sad at the same time. He also told me that "sometimes i wake up and go in ya'lls room and just look at you and then I go back to my bed." That almost broke my heart.
We have crossed over to the other side. The other side of the clothing section. We are now in boys clothes, not toddlers. I was sad about this for two reasons. 1, he is getting too big. 2, the clothes are way more expensive.
He gets attached to toys for days at a time. Right now, the sword he got from F's birthday party is always in his hands. He even sleeps with it. He also is attached to his cell phone. He calls his babies all the time. His babies are his imaginary friends that he has had for like two years. They have names and are always in trouble.
There is a girl at his school that "really, really, likes" him. "Oooh, boy, she likes me." he says. Her name is Bree and she is stinkin' cute so I am okay with this little crush. Plus she is really smart so...
I just love the age he is at. You can talk to him, reason with him, explain things...and still lie when necessary. Come on, moms, you know you all do it. Daddy could have taken all the candy from Christmas and given it to the ASU basketball team...
***
Troy. My husband of nearly EIGHT years. EIGHT years. It feels impossible that it's been that long but then like we've always been married.
Troy is a good husband. He is appreciative and helpful and kind and generous and understanding. He takes away my sniffles and makes me smile.
Our love is not that infatuated, giddy, butterflyish love so much anymore. It's a solid, thankful kind of love. I am thankful for him in so many ways.
The other night we did something very romantic and sexy at the same time. It was planned out and just us. I think that's what made it both of those things. It was my idea and he loved, loved, it. I felt like a hot wife and he felt like a lucky husband.
Side note - Your imaginations are possibly running wild. If you want to know what we did, I will gladly tell you but I don't want to post it. It wasn't that crazy, by any means! I just don't want to post it due to the public nature of this blog. But, really, it wasn't that crazy. You've all done it I bet. Maybe...If not you should!
Anyway, this little evening of ours was just fun - it reminded me that wives and mothers of two can and should be sexy and that we must do fun things for our poor neglected hubbies. And since that night troy has just been so...appreciative. He says thank you and helps out more and he's just been great. And I have tried to be more of what he needs. It put us back in the center of things since Grant was born. You all know how kids can kind of consume you both and then you give each other what's left. This fun night reminded us to put us first.
He told me the other night, "I was telling the guys(work friends) something about you and it just hit me. I really do have the best wife in the world. " He told his friends that. And he said they agreed. That's a good feeling, you know? One to actually hear the words, but then to know that his guy friends tell him he's lucky. I'm not the naggy wife, the yelling wife, the whiney, why- aren't-you- home-yet wife. I am a good wife. It's just nice to have an audible acknowledgement of things like that sometimes.
***
So my boys. How lucky could one girl be? I have the three best boys in the world. A sleeping, giggling baby, a smart, funny four year old, and a smitten husband of 8 years - life is good, my friends.
4 comments:
my friend, this may be my favorite post of all time. i cried in each section.
i cried with grant's dimple and your thought on your dad having met your boys before they left heaven. that is so beautiful.
i cried when mason just came into your room and looked at you before he went back to bed. that is just so sweet.
i cried with your husband telling his friends how lucky he is.
i'm so lucky to have you for a friend.
oh my. You ARE one lucky lady.
Is this Bree you are speaking of, Bree Self? If it is, you are so right. She is adorable! She and Gracie have play dates...
Okay. I want to know. I will be the first to ask. hehehe I am always up for fun exciting things with my hubby. stephrhena@yahoo.com
You can tell me here. :)
i cried. and the dimple thing is the farthest thing from stupid. wonderful.
email me the hubby thing too! you know my address.
Agreed about the dimple thing.
DeLana would call that your kiss from the King.
It's amazing the things...little...big...that the Lord provides for us that we would never even think to ask for ourselves.
HE adores you as well.
Post a Comment