So, in the last week or so, my little photography business has really picked up.
I have about six shoots scheduled for June. Now, usually things happen and some get cancelled, but still. Six people are interested enough to book something.
I have spent like three hours tonight scrounging the web for cool photography websites. There are just so many cool ones. So many talented people out there. I love photography. It's so intriguing - all the different facial expressions you can capture. The way people interact.
That's what I want to learn more than anything. How to make people comfortable enough to be themselves and then actually capture that on film.
I get a few now and then, but I want everyone to be like that, you know?
And there's still so much I have to learn about just the actual science of photography. ISO and aperture and shutterspeed.... How to capture the best image in this light and that light....white balance and tripods...telephoto and not. It's so complicated, yet intriguing too.
I also would like to see how a real photographer works. But that would cost money. I'd have to actually pay for that experience. So I won't. And maybe, me not knowing how a real photographer does things is good. It keeps me, me.
It's late and I need to go to bed. I'm just excited. School's almost done and the next chapter is about to begin. And I think it's gonna be a page turner!
4 comments:
a page turner indeed!
you are blessed girl!
sprinkle of grace is going to be a good thing - it already is! do you remember any of the pictures you snapped at my wedding back in 03? they are very candid, unposed, snap shots. just random moments of me and TJ in our own little world.... and they are some of the best pictures i got that day. i mean we didn't go the professional photographer route to save money and kind of just crossed our fingers that someone would take a few good pictures that really captured the moment.
had i not had you there, i don't know that i would love my wedding pictures like i do.
you're new chapter is starting! i hear it's going to be exciting!you better hang on tight!
oh, and don't forget the popcorn!
You are a "real" photographer. Your pictures are outstanding!!
Ever think of taking that photography class at ASU? I took it my freshman year, and it was awesome getting to learn to develop my own film and all those little things you were talking about. Not that I think you need it, but the class was great...
And I had a great time Sat!! I wish we would have had more time to chit chat, but maybe next time that will happen. Thanks for organizing it!
These book that Tim got by scott kelby has all of that in it. The digital photography is the name of the book. It very easy to understand with chapter like shoting brides, landscape, sports, and people like a pro. If you want to look at ours I can see if we can bring it over sometime. Very simple and it tells you what to put your white balance on, what lens to use, and lots of tricks to save you money and have the pro look. That why at the tea tim had a plastic cup over the flash.
Since you're looking, check out my cousin's site - http://www.rhondarobbins.typepad.com/
Your style really reminds me of hers.
Post a Comment