Saturday, May 24, 2008

new pictures

So I just put up like a million pictures of that couple on sprinkle of grace.

This couple is special to me. Even though I don't know them that well, I work with Allison's dad. His wife, Allison's mom, has cancer and as of right now, it's winning.

I emailed the slideshow I put together of the pictures to them today. Allison and Nathan called to tell me that they loved it and that her mom cried watching the slideshow.

Pictures are important. It's nice knowing that these pictures mean something to this family. More than they might normally. It makes me feel like I am doing something good here. When I look at the pictures, I get so excited. They capture something. It's not what I do. I just happen to be the one with a camera. It's them and how they act. I like giving people something that makes them see...themselves.

I don't know what I'm trying to say really. I just like doing this. It's just fun.

Just go check 'em out if you get a chance and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

OH MY GOSH! Those are AMAZING. I love love love the one with the tree roots. and the train tracks. and the kissing. Okay. I love them all. I want them. But with me and Cam. Soon. We will have to set this up soon. You are really really good Jenny!!

Tammie said...

You put so eloquently what I feel when I take pictures, although yours are soooo much better. I think I'll probably end up sticking with landscapes. Anyway. You have a true gift. I am glad that you are not only able to use it, but to see the beauty in it, also.

ree said...

Those pictures are really great.

You are so talented.

tpot said...

J, I love all the pictures!!! I couldn't decide which was my favorie. I would say, "This one." And then the next one I would change my mind. I love it! I predict that you will be very successful. Go for it!!!!