Remember that I am poem thing we all wrote a while back.
Today, I began the file cleaning out process for the end of the year. I found this.
I am full of doubt, but clinging to hope
I wonder if I am good at this
I hear whispers of doubt swirling around my mind
I see glimpses of failure flashing before me
I want to be the best, do my best, help my students be their best
I am full of doubt, but clinging to hope.
I pretend I have it all together
I feel so overwhelmed and uncertain
I touch my student's lives or do I?
I worry that I will never be good enough
I cry when I have let others down.
I am full of doubt, but clinging to hope
I understand that I cannot be perfect, but I want to be
I say that I am giving my best, but am I?
I dream that I won't fail, that success is right around the corner
I try to be everything, but I can't
I hope that I will not disappoint myself, my friends, my students, my husband, my son
I am full of doubt, but clinging to hope.
I wrote that as an example my first year of teaching. That was exactly how I felt. I was so unsure of every thing I did that first year. I still doubt myself a lot now, but I wing it a lot better now. It was just neat reading it again and remembering those first days.
And now I'm in the last days....for now, anyway.
Cleaning out these files might take a while....
4 comments:
Whoa! I really relate to your 'I am' from your first year teaching.
You seem to be able to put into words the very thoughts you think. I love it! I wish I could do that!
You sound like me when I'm cleaning out things...I have to open everything, look at everything, read everything so I don't throw away anything important. It takes a while, but it's all nice and neat when you're done!
That is so beautiful!
Have you always had that full story button over there, or have I just missed it?? That's awesome. I have a lot of reading to do as I don't think I've read all the stories.
Post a Comment