Sunday, May 18, 2008

Poor little Grantius

Grant is sick. He woke me up last night with a 103 fever. He's had a cough for a few days and had been kind of fussy, but last night was impossible. He woke up all night long. And was so restless. Today hasn't been much better. He went to sleep only when being held, so he and I took a couple naps on the couch. I just felt so bad for the little guy. He was so sad! Every other time he's been sick, he's still been mr. smiles. Not this time. He was just a little quiet sniffling snuggle bug.

Tonight, he fell asleep in my arms so I tried putting him in his bed. He kept waking up and crying. Finally after like the third time I decided to just let him cry for a minute while I started dinner. He cried for about 10-15 minutes. When I went in there to rescue him he had apparently thrown up and laid his poor little face and head in it. I felt awful, to say the least. He got a nice little bath and stayed up for a while. Finally he must have just been too tired to resist any longer because he fell asleep in his crib while I patted him on his back. And he's been asleep ever since. I just hope he stays that way. We both need it.

Troy's taking him to the doctor tomorrow, so I don't have to miss work. Yay for daddies!

3 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

that is so sad! poor baby grant. we missed you guys at church and gatti's. mason had a blast though. :P

jellybean said...

i've done that before - let them cry for a bit - and then go in and find that he has spit up and laid his face right in it.
poor baby!
i hope he starts feeling better!

tpot said...

I hope he's feeling better soon!