Can you hear it?
It's coming.
It began as a whispery breeze. A few leaves fluttered from their perch.
Then it came in moaning gusts scattering leaves in every direction.
I heard the first howl as I tucked Mason in.
The first cold front of the year. The first real one.
It's whistling down my chimney, wrapping itself around the house, warming our hearts as it chills the air.
Autumn, in all its blustery glory, has arrived.
Soon, leaves will paint the town in vibrant oranges and reds and will then fall leaf by leaf to the crunchy grass below. Piles will be raked and laughter will ensue as children leap into them. Soups will warm us body and soul. Our breath will hang in little clouds in the crisp air. Fires will be made and hot chocolate will be sipped.
Autumn is here.
Of all the things God has made for us to enjoy in His world, seasons are my favorite. We could have the same exact weather day after day. Imagine that. But he made us seasons. Season that you can actually see and feel as one fades into another. He could have made every day the same...
8 comments:
I totally and absolutely agree with all you wrote here. Beautifully said! I love autumn--it is very chilly here at ranch--got the little gas heater going and a cup of hot coffee by my side. I just love it!
I always think autumn is my favorite season....then the wildflowers come out in spring and I change my mind....Thank you, God, for our different beauty of each season you bring us.
I agree too! I love fall, but I must say winter is my fave...
um, you just made me cry. my toes are cold right now because it's 50 degrees outside, and i could not be happier. i can't wait to crunch leaves with you guys in san angelo. i hope it hurries.
this is so beautiful!
i too love fall. unless, of course, i am in a town where i have zero, i repeat, zero, warm clothes.
wearing your husband's jacket just isn't cool.
Awww.....
What a gift you have my friend!
Truly, truly beautifully and eloquently stated.
My absolute favorite season...autumn. Not even the flowers of spring compare, gema. I love 'em all, but autumn...it's the best.
Wow! That should be published in some beautiful book somewhere and kept for all of history.
You should copy that down for Mason and Grant somewhere else...a hard copy.
Post a Comment