Friday, October 12, 2007

I am...(not so serious)

I am a mother and a wife
I wonder why it's so hard to take out the trash or to not leave your shoes in the big middle of the floor
I hear Lord knows what during "quiet time"
I see dirty dishes, dirty laundry, dirty floors, dirty kids, dirty...
I want to sleep for 8 straight hours with only my husband
I am a mother and a wife

I pretend that the grasshopper held three inches from my nose is cool, not terrifyingly disgusting.
I feel like coffee is my new best friend
I touch the frog, the slimy, warty, icky, catch-of-the-day frog and force a smile
I worry that my son will learn where I hide the candy
I cry because
I am a wife and a mother

I understand that this is supposed to be hard and it's okay
I say I love you more than anything in the world and I mean it.
I dream that this day will be as imperfectly perfect as the one before it.
I try not to think about the day the boys will leave us
I hope they know that they are my dreams come true
I am a wife and a mother

2 comments:

rhondamarie said...

i like this one, too. it really hit close to home.

Tammie said...

Jenny, This is Beautiful!