Um, I have done something I never do. And I mean never. Ever
Yesterday, I went shopping.
I went to Target. I bought make up, Christmas presents, bottles for Grant, hair stuff...I spent like 80 bucks. I never do that. Ever.
Then I went to Old Navy. Eek!!!!
I bought Jeans, a sweater and three shirts. Oh, dear. I spent 26 bucks more than was in the clothing envelope.
Oh, dear.
But, I deserve it right? Right? I mean, I haven't bought jeans in TWO years!!! And they were on sale. And my lipstick was older than Mason. No, not Grant, Mason. 4 years. And the sweater is so cute. THe last sweater I bought was about 5 years ago. And this one is SOOOOO cute. I just can't wait to wear it. Oh, dear. And I still bought the cheapest makeup I could find...
Of course, Troy's response to all of this, was "Good for you. You deserve it." He's so great.
I also went to Bath and Body works.
Oh, Dear!!!!
I only spent 3 dollars there, but still! I had a coupon. I have four more coupons. I have to use them all, right? Oh, my!
It was so very fun. This is what happens when you deposit a disability check on the same day you get paid... The bank account looks so good...
Dave Ramsey would be so disappointed.
Oh, pooh! I deserve it, darn it! Maybe, if I ever take a shower again, I will get dressed up in my new goodies with my face beautified in my new make up, and post a picture and all of you ladies will say,
"Why, Jenny, what a good thing you did! Shopping is vital to being a woman. It's like air. You only did what is expected, no demanded of you!"
Oh, dear...
5 comments:
i cannot believe this. $80 at target? i must do that once every two weeks. AT LEAST! and no lipstick in four years? no new sweater in five years? no new jeans in two years?!?
you are a far better woman than i.
Don't know if you remember me or not, but I just HAD to comment on this post. We are Dave Ramsey followers and I about died when I saw you say "clothing envelope." LoL. We do the envelope system, too! High five to you for excellent money-managing skills. And yes, it's ok to splurge every now and then. :o)
We don't do Dave Ramsey, but we do abide by a very strict budget. We have to in order to live on N's income.
The thing about you is that you really don't have to shop all of the time. Your naturally beautiful and thin. You can wear a sack cloth and look great.
I'm so glad you did that for yourself. Doesn't if feel good once in awhile.
Meems, you are far too kind. Thank you! And yes it does feel good once in a while to treat me and not the boys...
Yes, you make me look like a scoundrel! I spend $80 every week I think. Oh, it's awful. I have no self-control. And then I look at the bill and think, "It was just a few plants...or just a pair of jeans for both of the girls. And they were buy one get the other for $.88!" It goes to show you that at least having some standard makes one feel guilty for being good; whereas, no standard doesn't do a thing for the other one being awful.
Post a Comment