I wanted to do something simply sweet for my hubby. Nothing big, nothing important, but sweet so that he would know I loved him and appreciated how hard he is working.
I took Mason to school today and, after Grant had his 2 week check up, he and I went to Target. Grant helped me pick out three of Troy's favorite snacks and I picked up a card. I wrote a sweet note and wrapped the goodies. Then Grant and I drove to Troy's work where I was going to just put the present in his car.
Well, the car was locked, but the windows were cracked. I was able to squeeze my arm in the back window and popped the lock. That's when the alarm sounded. Honk! Honk! Honk! Honk! Honk! I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if the alarm would just stop or keep going indefinitely. After staring at the car for a minute, I decided to call Troy.
This was all happening at about 11:02 and Troy's class that he teaches had just begun and when he answered the phone, he sounded slightly annoyed. (I have somehow unintentionally called him three class days in a row during class) He sounded much more annoyed when I told him I had just set the alarm off in his car.
"I'll be there in a minute."
Of course, right as he got to the car, the alarm stopped all by itself.
Needless to say, the sweet "surprise" didn't quite work out the way I intended. Troy was still appreciative, but it just wasn't the way I wanted my sweet act to go.
I guess we'll have to try again...
:)
3 comments:
Awww. At least you made an effort. You get an A for that.
For some reason those kind of days seem to follow me around and attach themselves to my hip. So I'm right with you.
This was hilarious! I could just picture it all. I am sure Troy is much more likely to remember this act of love much more than if it had gone like planned!
I love the new look of your blog. Very pretty!
that is hilarious!
something that would totally happen to me. that's why i try not to show random acts of love like that. ;)
just kidding! what a great wife you are! i'm such troy loved it!
Post a Comment