I had a thought today.
I was making some worksheets for my sub(it was one of the last things on my "to do before baby" list and it's just now getting done. ) and I had an idea for all us bloggers. Below is an assignment that I am giving to my students. I thought those of us that wanted to could do it too. You don't have to, of course. But I thought it might be cool. So, if you're interested, copy and paste the form into the Edit HTML version of your new post window and complete the poem. IT DOES NOT HAVE TO RHYME.
And let's all post them on Saturday sometime so that we see them all about the same time and, therefore, aren't influenced by other's ideas when we write our own. And, as I tell my students, when you write, there is no wrong idea. Just go with it. From junk emerges greatness. And, unlike I tell my students, THIS IS NOT FOR A GRADE.
And I will not be at all offended if no one does this. It was just a thought.
I am…
Fill in the blanks to write this poem about who you are and the things you think, feel, wish, dream…
I am (two special characteristics you have)
I wonder (Something you are actually curious about)
I hear (an imaginary sound – something you hear a lot in your life)
I see (An imaginary sight)
I want (an actual thing you want)
I am (Repeat the very first line of your poem)
I pretend (Something you pretend to do)
I feel (Something you feel emotionally)
I touch (Something you imagine you touch)
I worry (something you actually worry about)
I cry(Something that makes you cry)
I am (Repeat the very first line of the poem)
I understand (Something you know is true)
I say (Something you believe in)
I dream (A dream you actually have)
I try (Something you try to do)
I hope (Something that you really hope for)
I am (Repeat the very first line of the poem)
3 comments:
i will totally do this! and i'm crying now because i love this idea. i'm such a sucker for creative, reflective stuff. man, and i'm a stinkin hormonal baby!
look for mine on saturday...
I'll do it. Sounds like we can learn a little about ourselves.
When I become a teacher I'm hitting you up for all of your great ideas.
Yeah...going to try to give it a shot.
When I grow up, I want to be as creative as you!
PS - S.S. from your team is freakin' hilarious! But, you knew that. She wears me out!
Post a Comment