Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Mason chats

Yesterday, out of nowhere Mason started taking our orders like we were at a restaurant. Troy ordered something like tacos and guacamole and a dr. pepper. Then it was my turn.
"What would you like?"
"Um, I will have an order of egg rolls and - "
"We don't have those, Ma'am."
Apparently we were at a mexican food restaurant and I was forced to ordered Enchiladas.

****

After putting Mason to bed yesterday, I was doing laundry(I know! I was proud of myself too!) and Mason comes in with this really annoying noise making toy.
"Mason, you should be in bed." I say with an irritated, impatient tone.
Shoving the toy into my face, he exclaims, "THIS is how it makes that noise!" pointing to the end.
"Oh. Okay, you need to go to bed." I replied barely stopping to look(It was like 10 o'clock people and he was supposed to be in bed!)
Mason turns to leave, looking somewhat defeated as he mumbles, "You missed the point, mom."
What is he? Like 12? Where did he learn how to use that phrase and correctly. It was just so stinkin' cute.

Yesterday(apparently it was a funny day for Mason), he about had a meltdown when he had to go to bed immediately after seeing four Geckos on the window screen. He is quite the critter catcher. We told him that we would look for them in the morning to which he adamantly and quite passionately said, "But Geckos don't come out in the SUN!"
Well, this morning, as Troy was loading him into the car, he looks at troy, one eyebrow raised, and says, "So...did you see any geckos this morning?"
"Um, no. " replies Troy.
"Uh-huh." mason nods and just climbs into the car.

***
Okay, sorry, i just have to add these. At Mason's 4 year check up (three months late...oops), we had to ask him some pretty random questions.
What is a cup used for?
For to go bowling with. (he uses upside down cups as pins)
What is a curtain?
For to wipe off your hands. (that explains a lot)

You just never know what will come out of their mouths...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, how do I set up a blog? Ok I have to tell you Morgan just created her own set of drums...She and I are at David's office and she took two empty water jugs and taped them together UP SIDE DOWN of course with scotch tape and has brought them to me saying Drums my drums my own drums...Can you picture that...Friday on our LONG drive home from Colorado she put two ends of her arrows from her bow and arrow set together and drew fish on a piece of paper and put the sticks through the paper and put them through the side of David's head rest. She was fishing...She and Kenzie did great in the car with no DVD player...Creativity at it's best... Ok I still want to know how to set up a blog. I love reading yours and have realized it is an excellent way to journal especially what the girls say and do...Hug Mason for us. And by the way the bedding is ADORABLE...Simple is good. And when you are pregnant, simple is safe you can always add to the simple when the baby gets here and your thoughts are normal again...Christy and MORGAN

kj said...

is there anything as cute as this little boy?! those are the cutest stories and i am so glad you decided to share them!

La said...

He is SO funny! It's definitely a good thing you're recording these little conversations. These are the types of things that are absolutely precious but we tend to forget. That's one of the main reasons I started a blog. It's my temporary scrapbook. Unless my life never slows down. Then it is my scrapbook. =)

In response to your big comment, you should definitely get Mason a chart. Either make one or buy some. My mom started us out really young and I know that's how I learned a good work ethic and responsibility. It makes them feel so good! And it will make your life easier (after awhile anyway).

I was going to bring some pie to church, but wouldn't you know that several of the things I normally have on hand were all gone and I did NOT want to go to Walmart on a Saturday with 3 kids. Yuck! So the pie will have to wait.

That's totally cool if you want to bring some stuff for the sale. I just posted a blog entry to people who want to.

Good Night! =)

Meems said...

Those are the funniest stories. Sadly to say I have given up on scrapbooking. Other than the premade scrapbooks in which I love. So blogging is pretty much it. I will have all of my scrapbooking supplies at the sale.

marme said...

That is so Mason and so cute. I just love the things that child says and does! He makes us gramas so proud!