Friday, July 27, 2007

Clumsiness has reached a whole new level.

I have been getting progressively clumsier with each passing day. I drop things, bump into things, spill stuff, etc. I am going to blame it on the pregnancy. Well, today, the clumsiness reached a whole new level.

I flushed my cell phone down the toilet.

Yep, that's what I said. Plop, flush, gone. No more cell phone.

I called my mom and she said she was going to call me back in a little while. I told her to call me on my cell. Well, then, the constant urge to pee arose so off I went. I took my phone with me just in case she called me back. Well, when I stood up, I put my phone in my mouth so I could flush and as I turned around the phone slipped from my mouth, and plopped right into the water as it went swishing down. I did try to catch it as it was falling which I am sure was a hilarious sight. After the phone had vanished from sight, I just stood there for a second wondering if that had really just happened. When I realized my phone was indeed now surfing the sewer system, I knew I had to tell my husband. Yeah, that's a fun conversation.

Um, honey, I just flushed my cell phone down the toilet.
What? Like gone? Can you see it?
No, it's gone.

I don't think that is how he wanted to start his day, but overal he was pretty calm about it. I don't think it really even surprised him that much. That should tell you how clumsy I have gotten. Fortunately the toilet is still working but I am without a cell phone.

So, if you are trying to reach me, don't call my cell phone. Unless you want a Ninja Turtle to answer.

7 comments:

Meems said...

That is so funny and sad at the same time.

I am sorry you lost your cell phone.

beautiful chaos said...

Out of these hilarious moments, we become... WOMEN OF VALOR!
I remember thinking I would never again regain my gazelle-like agility. Limbo, anyone? You'll get it back. Well, not the phone - but everything else.
By the way, I will still be laughing about this the next time I see you!

La said...

I've almost done that so many times. Sorry it had to happen to you instead. It IS very funny though. =)

marme said...

Hey Raphael it sounds like you're in a well...

look at it this way you get a new cute phone...

don't try to tell me you haven't had a little sparkle in your eye thinking about that! ;)

crys said...

i almost fell on the floor laughing while picturing this in my head...sorry.

and i would've stood there as you did, in awe of how something like that could've happened!

just keep blaming the pregnancy. =)

kdp said...

that was hysterical. i am clutching my sides. oh my goodness that is so funny. it amazing ALL the changes that occur with pregnancy.

Sarah P. Henry said...

the ninja turtle did me in. oh lord.