Friday, July 20, 2007

Learned something new today


I might just be slow but I thought I would share this anyway.

I really wanted this nursery bedding from Pottery Barn that was on clearance. Well, it was sold out on line and Ebay only had big sets that were still too expensive.

So I called a store in Austin just to see if maybe they had it in. Well, guess what? they did! AND the two pieces I wanted, bumper and quilt, were even cheaper there than they were online. AND they will ship them to me (which yes did add 11 bucks but it was still cheaper) and so now I finally know what some part of they nursery will look like.

So, if any of you bargain shoppers are desperate for something at a store, don't assume that because it is sold out online, it is sold out in the stores.

I am just slow, right? You all knew that. Whatever. I am still way excited.

Oh, and yesterday I found a changing table at a resale store that, with a fresh coat of paint and baskets on the shelves, will be oh, so cute! I haven't made a decision on the glider yet. I took Troy down there today and he wasn't overly impressed with the chair. I just don't know what to do. I went to penney's and they didn't have replacement cushions in store, online or in the catalogue, and I have scoured other online resources with no luck, so it appears that my only option will be to sew them which I think I can do...oh, well, we'll see.

Here is a picture of the bedding: Okay so, it's above. I can't figure out how to move the darn picture. Anyway, I know it is kind of simple, but I didn't really want a theme this time for some reason. I wanted something fun and colorful that I could add to easily and would lend itself to painting the nursery some fun color like a fun green or something. Anyway, let's just pray that when the stuff arrives, I like it.

Yippee!!! I am excited!

4 comments:

Meems said...

The trick to where the picture goes depends on whether you post the picture first or write first.

Love the bedding. I am one of the few people who has not seen your house. I bet it is just so crafty perfect.

marme said...

Love it! Good choice. It can lay on the foot of his bed as he grows!

La said...

Once the html for the picture is in your text box, just copy and paste it to the bottom of your text if you want the picture last. Don't forget to delete it from its original location though. =)

ree said...

I really like that!! It will be so cute with a fun paint color!!! Glad you were able to find it.