Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Fetal Yolk Sack???

Okay, so we had our appt.

When I called to tell my doctor, or the receptionist for my doctor, that I was pregnant, they immediately scheduled me for an appt not a week later. I thought that was a little odd because I knew I couldn't be much further along than 4 weeks but I trusted the Doctor.

This morning I was at the office at 7:45 and waiting. We went in the room and after a rather unpleasant probing experience all we saw was a fetal yolk sack. What is that? Pregnancy is so weird. It makes a normally confident person terrified to ask any questions for fear of looking like an idiot or worse yet, a bad mother. So I didn't ask. We didn't hear a heart beat but everything looked normal and fine, said the nurse. So she rescheduled me for next Wednesday. But I am for sure pregnant. Based on the fetal yolk sack thing....

I am pregnant. I am going to have another baby to hold and love and nurse and teach. I am so excited.

No comments: