So, yesterday morning Troy woke up at about 10am. I was a little annoyed because I have to wake up every morning with the boys and always am up before him, etc. Well, when he stumbles out of our cave like bedroom, he states that he "feels terrible."
I respond with a less than sympathetic, "Oh, really? What hurts?" as my hand pauses on his forehead for a quick temperature check. He felt normal and I told him so.
He made Grant giggle, and said "hi buddy" to Mason before returning to his bed. I was thinking how lucky he is to get to do that when he's probably just got a little cold. I mean I have to be practically dead to sleep in with no interruptions. Doesn't he remember the time I had the stomach flu and I still nursed Mason...etc.
Well, about two hours later, I decide to enter the cave with both boys in hopes of encouraging him to arise and face the day. I prance in and plop grant beside him and ask him how he's feeling as i again graze my hand over his forehead. This time he was H-O-T, hot! So I took his temperature. 101.4.
So, he did feel bad.
Oops. Such a bad wife.
So, I got his wish list of sick food and drink items and his medicinal requests and ran off to HEB with both boys. We got everything on the list but the medicine. Of course, I didn't realize this until I got home. So I again loaded up the boys and went to Albertson's for Nyquil and Dayquil.
I took him his OJ and medicine and made him some toast. And then we left him in his cave for the rest of the day. And night.
This morning his temperature was 104. He's officially sick. He's achey, coughy, and has a sore throat.
Poor sick hubby.
Please, Lord, make him better soon, and Please Lord stop the plague from spreading to the rest of us.
5 comments:
Sounds like the flu! Have him call his dr - it might not be too late to get some Tamiflu; that stuff is supposed to work wonders. I'll be praying for Healing Hands over all of you. I'm in reverse mode - I'm praying Tater doesn't get his daddy sick. He's a bigger baby... :)
oh, wow. i think this stuff is all over everywhere. poor guy. i'm praying he gets better and neither you, nor your other boys get this yucky stuff.
you're a good wife. two grocery store trips with two little boys. whoa! :)
that's exactly how i treated john yesterday and i too felt terrible. live and learn...
yikes... 104. that's not good. i hope he gets better soon.
We are seeing the light at the end of the sick tunnel. The best advice I can give is to go to the dr asap to get antibiotics. The cough likes to hang on a lot longer.
Hope Troy gets better quickly and no one else gets it!!!
Post a Comment