Thursday, February 28, 2008

poor little grant.

he's sick.

the doctor was very concerned. about his wheezing, how terrible his lungs sounded, his double ear infection, his watery eyes. So concerned was he that Grant got two shots for the ear infection, two prescriptions, and a chest x-ray. We also had to buy a nebulizer for breathing treatments. He also is running a flu test.

I am tired and nervous. And stressed. and worried.

The doctor will call back with results of the x-ray (not really sure what we're looking for), and of the flu test tonight or first thing in the morning.

The doctor didn't seem like terribly distraught about him, just kind of bumfuzzled. Why is he wheezing when he hasn't ever had RSV? What's causing the ear infections and congestion. Oh, and he did mention tubes, but we cant get those until we stop the wheezing.

He is now sacked out in my arms. And Mason is watching TV. I am going to try and nap...we'll see how that goes...

5 comments:

crys said...

that is so awful! i know how hard it is to have a sick child and not know what's going on.

when jacob was less than a year old, we had to take him to the er. they ran all kinds of tests and drew blood and even put in a catheter!! it was the worst experience ever!

i'm praying for you!

Meems said...

I am also praying. I am so sorry.

beautiful chaos said...

Aww poor little guy!
I remember having the kid that seemed to always be sick - it's a rough thing.
We do have a nebulizer that you can certainly use if you haven't bought the other one yet.
But if Grant is anything like my son, you might as well buy it - you never know when it'll come in handy.

Sara_Smiles said...

Sorry little man is not well. I wish I could come over and help...but... yeah, well. Prayers is about all I can help with right now. So, please know that you are in them. :)

Precious Blessings said...

I am your so sorry to hear about the Dr.s visit. Kinda sounds like mine earlier this month with my 3 yr.old. We also use a nebulizer and what a world of difference it makes once they have had their treatment. I will be praying for rest and healing for you all.