Okay, so, after what I felt was a big success with the engagement pics, I had some major problems with the "shoots" i did yesterday.
Of the three billion pictures I took, only a handful are even worth editing. The ones of Casen are just pathetic. I so didn't do his perfect face justice. And then all the family ones just look so posed and blah.
Sigh.
For some reason on many of the pictures, indoor and out, my camera was not in focus. The lighting was terrible in many.
It just wasn't good. I usually can't get enough of looking at the pictures and playing with them and editing them. Last night, after about ten minutes, I slammed the computer shut in complete and total frustration.
I am going to still scrounge up enough to put a slideshow up, but it will be a challenge.
I just need to learn more. And I think I need an assistant on family shoots. Somebody to pose and get the kids smiling while I snap the pictures.
To the Henry's and Ramirez's: So sorry. We'll do it again sometime and I'll get it right. It wasn't your beautiful family's; it was all me.
I guess I need a standard list of poses for each location, for different size groups, because sometimes it's like my brain just freezes up and I can't think of a single pose and I feel stupid.
PS. I didn't write this to evoke a series of, "I am sure they're not all bad..." comments. I am just venting my frustrations...
4 comments:
hey.. don't feel bad. my kid's recently developed attitude and temper-tantrum throwing if she can't be doing her own thing is not conducive to photo-taking. and i, for one, am not photogenic at all...it isn't your photo taking. it's obvious it isn't you -- you've taken great pictures of your kids and everyone else on your website. i agree that an assistant to get babies smiling and focused is probably a good idea, especially when moms are in the pictures too. delana actually volunteered to come the next time we do them (if you want to..) to get ellie to smile. remember me telling you how ridiculous she acts at ge to get the kid to be happy? we are perfectly willing to do it again any time you like. still excited for the slideshow...
Kids are tough. When they're cute, they're CUTE, but when they are not cooperating, it's nearly impossible. I'd love to help you out sometime if you decide that you do need an assistant. My photography eye isn't nearly what yours is, but I do enjoy it. What helps me is going to photography websites and getting ideas on posing. I do it everytime before I take pictures. But seriously, I'd LOVE to be a part of what you're doing.
PS My expertise is head swapping in Photoshop if you think that'd help.
I just got caught up on your blog and my head is spinning. How do you do it all? Oh, and about the photos, everyone has a bad day. Sometimes the sun doesn't work out or your just not able to "see" the pictures. Anyway, don't let it get you down, especially if you are able to retake them. Yipee! just a few more weeks left!
Post a Comment