Tuesday, March 17, 2009

random boy stories.

Grant likes to hide behind the sheer curtains in my office. He is certain he is completely hidden from us and just giggles uncontrollably.

Mason said this the other day: "Mom, you know what?" (sincerely believing what he was about to divulge would be news to me) "Ranch is really really good on salad! Yeah, when gema was here she made a salad and we put ranch on it and it was soo good!" Apparently, ranch isn't just for pizza dipping. Who knew?!

Grant has found the trash can and knows its purpose. He will find a bit of a wrapper or an old napkin or some other piece of trash, pick it up in his chubby little fist and waddle to the kitchen trash and dispose of it. Then he just grins like he is the biggest coolest kid around. The only bad thing is that he likes to occasionally throw away non-trash items...such as mom's favorite winter hat that was saved at the last minute when I saw it through the bag as i lugged it down the alley.

Mason's first words to me this morning were, "I died." As in he died in Super Mario Galaxy. He then proceeds to tell me that "it's fustrating that you don't know how to play this game and help me." To which I replied, "Well, just know that at six, you're far better at video games than I'll ever be." He just smiled.

If you say the word "outside" around grant without immediately going outside, there is great weeping and sobbing and tantrum throwing at the front door.

And the last boy story has nothing to do with my boy. But my best friend's boy. Kylah is having a boy! A boy! A sweet perfect little boy. I can't wait to meet your little guy, Kylah, and to hear all your little boy stories.

No comments: