Sunday, March 1, 2009

I hate her. In a purely complimentary way.

I hate this girl.
kathryn kreuger

Ugh. I mean, I don't hate hate her...but pretty close. I mean come on! No one should be that...sigh. So good.

And as long as I'm hating...

this one too. simplicity photography. simplicity? ha.

and remember indie jane?

ugh.ugh.ugh.

this is not a post aimed to attract "you rock" compliments. I'm just letting people know who I hate. :)

I think it's time. It's time for me to take some classes. Reading can only take me so far. I need someone to hold my camera with me in my hands and say, "see...see how it's shady with weird back lighting - that means you need this aperature...and this shutter speed...and this iso won't look too grainy, and here's how you turn down your flash to give just enough light...not ghost images."

I've gotten better. But geez. There's still so much room for major major improvement.

I shake my fist at you, kreuger!...in a purely complimentary way.

5 comments:

crys said...

although i'm not big on her "jewelry" shots, man, she works the blurry background!

how does she do that??? (so well, i mean.)

kj said...

you know what's so funny?!?! a lot, and i do mean a lot, of people feel that way about...you.

i mean, it's downright wrong for one person to be stacked with so much creativity. geez.

tpot said...

Honestly, J, I think you're just as good as them. And I'm not saying that b/c I think I have to make you feel better. It's just how I feel about it. I think you like that the one gal can take pics inside, and you don't feel comfortable with that yet. So, I do think you should take classes b/c you would get EVEN BETTER. And that EVEN BETTER would be for you, not for them. But you. You need to feel more confident in your abilities (hah, I never do of mine!), and maybe a class would give you that. They have some really wonderful photos, but so do you. Don't compare yourself, just do what you really love and be yourself. I had to tell myself that today, so it's fresh, girl.

Wendy said...

Ok, they're good, but you've got a cooler website.

Ashley said...

Do you read MckMama's blog? She's a photographer and has got some really cute kids. She's doing a cruise for "Meet Baby Stellan" who is her fourth baby and was diagnosed in-utero wtih some terrible heart thing and was supposed to die, but now is a miracle baby. God healed him. Anyway, she's doing a cruise and going to have a Meet thing and then going to do some photography lesson sessions. Her photography is really good. And every once in a while, she blog about it.