Sunday, August 24, 2008

Not Wise.

I randomly decided to read through some old posts. From the last weeks of school. Not a wise thing to do.

Let me preface what I'm about to say with this: I know, I mean, I KNOW, that I'm in the right place and am endlessly thankful that I am where I am - staying home with my boys. I know that i'm where I am supposed to be. I know...And I know you're sick of hearing this. But...it's my blog...

Tomorrow's the first day of school and I won't be there. I won't stand up in front of 120 new faces and wonder which one will steal my heart and which one will break it. I won't see Sara or Jenni or Crystal or Toni or Staha or Bill or Pam or Chelsie or Sabrina or... I won't eat a nasty frozen dinner while complaining about how long advisory was. I won't panic that I'll be the one that screws up attendance for the whole dang school. I simply won't be there.

But I will be there tomorrow when I drop Mason off at school for the very first time. And I will be there to pick him up. Every day.

It's just a weird sad feeling I have. I just hate letting go of things. And Glenn was a good thing to hold onto.

I guess I'll just hold onto my boys a little tighter tomorrow...

Have a great first day all my teacher friends. I miss you...

2 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

We'll miss you and another person on that list of people. Oh, and just so you know... it's not going to be 120 this year. Nope. I think it's like 150-160. I haven't counted... but my first period has 34. Third, fourth and fifth are also very close to that number. While six "only" has about 20. So, please know that we are missing you ... A BUNCH! ... and that I agree ... you are so blessed to be there to drop off and pick up Mason, and spend time with Grant. Good luck to Mason (and you - try not to cry TOO much this first day of many first days) on his VERY FIRST day of school.

Leslie said...

It was oh such a wierd feeling today not being at school with everyone. I miss all those people too! I will have to go bug them all during my lunch someday :o)