Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Glenn Club

There's this group of people. They're the best in their profession. Inspiring, fun, creative, passionate. They don't just show up to work, they give it all they've got. Every day.

I was a part of the Glenn Club, but today marks the official first day that...i'm not. I am excited about that, but heartbroken too. Not because I'll miss the long hours or exhausting planning or the difficult kids. But because of the people I won't see every day.

Glenn is not just a school. It's a second home where everyone is loved and welcomed. Students and staff. It was a great place to work. A great place to be.

To all my fearless teacher friends, I know you're sad about going back and the end of summer. But don't forget how important you are. You are truly the bearers of light, the creators of creativity, the developers of dreams. And you, you Glenn teachers, are the best. And I will always be proud to say I was one of you, that I held my own with the best. I'm missing you...

Make it a great year or not. The choice is yours...

3 comments:

Sara_Smiles said...

Jenny,
Thanks so much for these words. We miss you! I thought seriously about calling you and Sabi and Jenni and saying, let's wear our Monstars shirts tomorrow...but, alas. I did not. It would just be weird to wear them without you.

Jenni said...

Hear, hear. The Monstars shirts are officially retired. Missed you tons today... but glad for the reason for your absence.
Thank you - that made me cry... in a good way. :)

crys said...

it's seriously not the same. in fact, it's down right weird!

this is just not right!