- I went to the grocery store today and I have to say groceries are going up and up and up...and, as someone who just recently resigned from her job, that's not a comforting realization.
- I just made that cake that many of you love -the falling down cake with the strawberries and whipped topping. Um, after consuming about half the batter, it's now baking in the oven. I am in painful anticipation for the oven timer to ding.
- I just looked at the isd website and I saw the 6th, 7th or 8th grade english teacher for GMS posting. I already hate who will be me. Now, that's a cynical thing to say, but I do. What if she/he's really good and no one even remembers me? : (
- I cannot tell you how many people comment on grant's cuteness when I take him out. It's ridiculous. But, i mean, look at him. It's only to be expected. : )
- I've already been back from Vegas a week. How...?!
- I've run three days in a row. Today I hurt when I got back. I've got a two mile path that i do. I will not be posting times anytime soon. But three days - that's good, right?
- back to the groceries - did you know that a one pound block of cheddar cheese was only 6 bucks about 6 months ago? Now its 7. 48. That's ridiculous.
- You'll be impressed by this - my menu for the week includes things such as Hawaiian grilled pork chops, slow cooked beef stroganoff, zucchini and squash kabobs, chicken Caesar pasta salad....Yes, i know, those things may sound simple to those of you more advanced in your homemaking endeavors, but for me, that's impressive. I'm just coming to realize that cooking is not something I just love to do...baking, that's different. But cooking, it's just not my thing...yet! But I'll get better. And I'll love it. We won't have money to afford groceries, but I can always make a mean grilled cheese! Wait! Cheese is too expensive...crud, we're gonna starve.
- My cake's STILL not done. Ay yay yay. I need some cake!
- I'm sitting here watching grant army crawl across the floor and I just had this vision of him at 15 months and the Christmas tree. That's gonna be soooo fun... : )
- Okay, I suppose that's enough rambling.
wife, mother, believer, teacher, photographer, writer, daughter, friend, runner, dreamer, reader, planner, procrastinator, music lover, sugar addict, owl cartoonist, bug hater, to do list maker, random thought sharer...and this is where it all goes.
Friday, June 27, 2008
A smorgasborg of somethings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment