Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Race, part two

This won't make you cry. : )

I have run twice now. Yes, I know. My dedication is astonishing. But I have run twice now, at about 7:40 and for about 25 minutes. Now, to be clear, when i say I have run you must understand that I jogged and that I walked. Endurance has never been a strength of mine. I'm working on it.

It feels good...at first. The first 15 minutes I'm feeling great and then the heat kicks in and my stomach starts cramping and my legs get tired and I think, "i have to do THIS for 58 minutes!" But it's only day two.

I can do this. My fear is not so much that I will just voluntarily give up, but that life's circumstances will keep me from training. Like Troy's work schedule or weather or getting a cold or a sick child or....fill in the blank.

But I will persevere!!! I will.
Day one - check.
Day two - check.

PS - did I mention that fridays will be my rest days? : ) Just kidding...

2 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

you totally gotta have rest days!

Sara_Smiles said...

starbucks is a good reward for your had workouts, Monday - Thursday...so, Friday is a perfectday fo that resting.