Sunday, April 6, 2008

Maybe we should have thought this through a bit more...

When Mason was going in for his four year check-up, troy and I knew there would be quite a few shots involved. Trying to make this painful experience have better reasoning than "you won't catch a disease that was really bad in the 1950's", we told him that the shots would make his legs super strong and fast.

You see where this is going.

For a year, we haven't heard much about this white lie we told our son. But now, "Garret Manning, not Garret Myre, has Mikey's and they make him run fast fast FAST! If I could just get like 20 more shots in my legs I could run fast like Garret Manning."

And he talks quite often about getting these shots that make his legs stronger and faster.

I really hope no one turns us in for providing steroids to a five year old...

3 comments:

kablot spot said...

You husband being a college coach would not help your case. That is funny... right now.

ree said...

Mikey's...
I love it!

tpot said...

Very funny. The things we get ourselves into....