Sunday, November 4, 2007

The Project

I have been wanting to do something with Grant's name in his room. I couldn't decide how or what to do to the letters to make them cute or cool. I thought about painting them, but didn't know how I would... so I did this.

The letters are basically scrapbooked. And for once, they turned out as cute as I imagined they would be. I have to say I am pretty proud of my little creation. :) The only problem now is trying to figure out how to hang them - ideas? Also, I think the r looks funny. What do you guys think? Give me a g!



Give me a R!



Give me an A!



Give me a N!



Give me a T!



What do you get? A very cute "grant!"

7 comments:

ree said...

Too cute!!!!
You did a great job!
I don't think the "r" looks funny.

beautiful chaos said...

I think they all look impossibly cute!
I hung J's letters with Jute.
(I thought ribbon would look too girly...)
For a boy I think Jute or even raffia would be okay.
You know? I have even seen cute wire things curled all crazy with buttons and beads sporadically placed on the wire. That's cute too.
I don't know if you wanted them suspended from a 'hanger' type thing or just straight mounted to the wall. Either way, I think it will be the perfect finishing touch to a perfect nursery!
Good job!

rhondamarie said...

they look wonderful. you did such a great job.

marme said...

How 'bout shoe strings, or cute little mini slinkys hanging from the ceiling!

They are adorable!

You are so stinkin good!

Sara_Smiles said...

Awesome job! When I've made letters in the past, I've hung them with a bit of ribbon in an upside-down U shape. For boys I used a white ribbon with red stiches - like a baseball. Just a thought. I LOVE how Grant's name turned out! Miss you!

Meems said...

Adorable!...I like the baseball ribbon idea or the cut wire. You did such a fab job.

tpot said...

That is sooooo cute!