Monday, November 19, 2007

A Kitchen Tragedy

So, I made dinner tonight. It was a tragedy.

Is steak supposed to have a jerkyesque quality? No, I didn't think so.

Are baked potatoes supposed to have crunchy cores after an hour and a half in the oven followed by two stays in the microwave? No.

Is sour cream supposed to be crunchy? Oh, it's not supposed to be frozen? Seriously, what is wrong with my fridge..

We had very little butter. Had it not been for the cheese, the potatoes would have been a complete loss.

This meal must make me pause and ponder:

Steak and potatoes is the most fail proof meal one can make.
I have failed.
What does this mean?

Yes, I thought you would say that.

Quit trying and hire a cook.


I must say this for the record: I am typically a baked potato master. Ask troy. I am an artist with baked potatoes. And steak - oooh, doggy. Good stuff. It makes this failure particularly potent....

2 comments:

CG said...

Blame it on Walmart! You are a wonderful cook!

tpot said...

I can't make steak either.