Thursday, November 8, 2007

marbles and jacks

Does anyone know where I can find some marbles in town? I want alot of classicy looking ones to fill a jar. I don't want to spend a fortune. I have checked the new wal- mart and dollar tree. It seems like you used to be able to find these anywhere...I guess no one is really playing marbles anymore. That's kind of sad.

And jacks in classic colors. I don't want like neon or all silver.

If anyone has any tips that would be great!

One more thing - has anyone seen the rereleased fisher price toys that are in Target. They are coming back because of that movie, mr. magosomeones emporium. For someone who loves anything vintage or classic(like me!), these toys are so cool. Both the boys will be getting a few for Christmas.

3 comments:

Meems said...

Thanks for the toy tip.

Try Dollar General instead of Dollar Tree. I know they used to carry the marbles.

kj said...

i would try big lots. i bought marbles and jacks in this little tin containers. that was a long time ago but i've seen them when i've gone back in there. look near the toy aisle.

good luck!

La said...

I've bought classic looking marbles at Hobby Lobby before. I'm thinking that they must not have them anymore though if you, The Queen of Hobby Lobby, haven't seen them.