There's a show on the disney channel called Phineas and Ferb.
I love it.
I do. I know it's ridiculous and I'm sure if you've seen it, you've hated it. But I love it.
The premise:
Two brothers (phineas and ferb) fill the lazy days of summer doing absurd, impossible things (Constructing a swinter ski slope in their back yard with a sno cone machine) while their pet, Perry the platypus who never speaks, fights the evil dr. doofenschmirtz who makes me laugh hysterically. Candace, their annoying older sister tries tirelessly to rat her brothers out while falling in love with the boy down the street jeremy. And my favorite character of all - Isabella - enters every show with a "whatcha doing?" to Phineas with whom she is innocently smitten.
It shames me that I can detail the show so well.
But this post isn't really about Phineas and Ferb. It's about the fact that every afternoon, I pick up mason, we get home, he gets a snack, I get a microwaved cup of coffee, and grant gets a "juice" and we watch Phineas and Ferb together and laugh. And it's just so simply wonderful.
I know it's a tv show and perhaps we should do homework first, or chores, or play outside. But...snuggling up on the couch and laughing with my five year old son isn't the worst thing I could do.
3 comments:
I think this is a great activity. I cherish the early mornings of cuddling with you and Josh on the couch watching Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers. Trust me, you will always remember and treasure these moments--no matter how silly the show may be. Sounds like a great routine to me.
That's so sweet, j. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and I'm not even there! Enjoy it, they grow sooo fast.
sounds pretty darn perfect to me....sigh...
Post a Comment