wife, mother, believer, teacher, photographer, writer, daughter, friend, runner, dreamer, reader, planner, procrastinator, music lover, sugar addict, owl cartoonist, bug hater, to do list maker, random thought sharer...and this is where it all goes.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
check!
one new year's resolution down - Grant wore shoes today. :)
Yeah, Joshua is about to turn one and he still goes around barefoot. The child won't leave shoes OR socks on! People are forever coming up and saying things like, "Oh, I bet your little toes are so cold. Tell mommy to put some shoes and socks on you!" That makes me so mad when that happens!
La -i'm with you too! my son is almost 15 months, we're having the same shoe issue. he's not too bad about socks, depending on the day. my grama in law harps on me EVERY time she sees my kid in his barefeet, no matter how warm it is!
jen, so glad you got him to keep the shoes on his feet. it's def. a start. hopefully the start of a nice long life of shoe wearing!
I don't believe it. Was he really sound asleep and someone was holding him up???? How long did this take? What convinced him to wear them? I am in shock.
Ok, the problem is this: if they would make some generic-looking shoe that matched more than one outfit, it would be a lot easier to put shoes on a baby. This is probably more of a problem for girls than boys since every pair of girls' shoes is some ridiculous shade of pink.
And I'm with the others - I know I'm new at this whole mommy thing, but I think I can keep my kid's feet warm.
Congrats on the shoes! Cute ones at that. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I wore shoes for the first 16 years of my life except when I HAD to.
Also, loved your fire post. You had me roaring with laughter. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny, but you are such a good writer. I was so glad it wasn't just me that has household "blunders". I'm glad you are all okay. Definitely a scary situation!
Also, loved your post on America. Very inspiring perspective.
6 comments:
Yeah, Joshua is about to turn one and he still goes around barefoot. The child won't leave shoes OR socks on! People are forever coming up and saying things like, "Oh, I bet your little toes are so cold. Tell mommy to put some shoes and socks on you!" That makes me so mad when that happens!
Grants shoes are super cute! Are those Robeez?
La -i'm with you too! my son is almost 15 months, we're having the same shoe issue. he's not too bad about socks, depending on the day. my grama in law harps on me EVERY time she sees my kid in his barefeet, no matter how warm it is!
jen, so glad you got him to keep the shoes on his feet. it's def. a start. hopefully the start of a nice long life of shoe wearing!
Yea for Shoes, fire extinguishers, and rose colored glasses! Can you tell I just got caught up? I loved your comments about Tuesday.
I don't believe it. Was he really sound asleep and someone was holding him up???? How long did this take? What convinced him to wear them? I am in shock.
Ok, the problem is this: if they would make some generic-looking shoe that matched more than one outfit, it would be a lot easier to put shoes on a baby. This is probably more of a problem for girls than boys since every pair of girls' shoes is some ridiculous shade of pink.
And I'm with the others - I know I'm new at this whole mommy thing, but I think I can keep my kid's feet warm.
Congrats on the shoes! Cute ones at that. If it makes you feel any better, I don't think I wore shoes for the first 16 years of my life except when I HAD to.
Also, loved your fire post. You had me roaring with laughter. I know it wasn't supposed to be funny, but you are such a good writer. I was so glad it wasn't just me that has household "blunders". I'm glad you are all okay. Definitely a scary situation!
Also, loved your post on America. Very inspiring perspective.
Post a Comment