Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the rampage continues.

I accidentally posted just the title of this, then went to write it, then got distracted and forgot. Hence the title only post that a few of you might have seen called "the rampage continues." Sorry for the confusion.

Yesterday I detailed the kitchen. It's heavenly now.
Today it's the bathroom and the boys' rooms.
Tomorrow it's our bedroom.
My goal is to be cleaning out the motherlode(that's how they spell it in lous lamour books) of clutter that resides in my craft room by Thursday.
Because on Friday, I am going to reward myself by turning this room of hodge podge-ness into a sleek cool fun office for my photography business. (and still have a space for crafting.)

Here's my vision:
  • New paint because right now the room is lime green. LIME green. And bright blue. It's a bit much. I don't know what the new color will be - possibly gray? Is that depressing?
  • A new desk - I am hoping to find a table-ish desk that's simple and plain that I can repaint. (because it will obviously have to come from a garage sale or something)
  • A craft table with cutely painted pegboard above it holding my plethora of crafting junk.
  • A new shelf that's not ugly like the one now.
  • And the one I'm most excited about - a photo wall. I want a wall or two in my room to be covered in pictures that I love - either that I have taken or that I have found. I don't know HOW though....that's the tricky part. I have to do this whole room CHEAP. So i need something super duper cheap. I can't be framing a hundred pictures. I can't buy twenty decorator shelves. So...what to do? Ideas?

5 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

?? like.. the cleaning rampage? or did the copy get deleted from this post. a little confused..

mari said...

I think I need to reschedule for Thursday (if that's ok). WAY too much going on with Dr. appointment and that shower and all (and Brylie's all mosquito-bitten...)

Sarah P. Henry said...

i am amazed at your productivity. send a little over here.

as for your new craft/photo room -- love it! gray is not depressing. it's moody and cool and creative. love it.

don't you have lockers in that room? what are you going to do with the lockers? just wondering...

tpot said...

I don't know about gray...my kitchen is gray, and I like in the summer. But in the winter it makes me feel blah and a little depressed. If you brighten it up with other things it might be okay. I have no doubt though about your creativity...whatever you do with gray or any other color will be the best and most creative any of us could ever think of. I know you're tired of the color in there, so go for it!

ree said...

Oooo! Don't know how you feel about this, but here's an idea:

Do the room in grey on three walls, then on the fourth wall (photo wall) get fabric and cord or ribbon or something (just an idea...not sure on the specifics) and make that wall a giant french memo board. That way you could incorporate more color besides the grey and not have to buy a million frames.

Just a thought!