I'm stuck.
I haven't accomplished anything this summer.
Well, okay, maybe that's not entirely true. I have done a few photo shoots and started this whole running thing, but that's just about it.
I feel like I am in a constant state of vacation. I find it easy to put off cleaning because there's no one coming over. I don't want to work on projects around the house because I feel like I have no money. I haven't worked on school stuff with mason because, well, he's difficult and I get frustrated. And I haven't scrapbooked, sewed, painted, decorated, gardened, cooked...at all like i thought I would with the new found joy of being a stay at home mom. And I can't blame that on my kids. They're ridiculously easy right now. Grant takes two very good predictable naps a day and Mason self entertains most of the time.
So, the problem lies right here with me. oh, how I hate that.
I have discovered that I am a routine craving individual. I think that is perhaps one reason i liked teaching. The routine of it - every minute was set in stone.
Anyway, the point of this long rambling, ridiculously boring post is that I am ready to start achieving some things. Knocking some big time projects off a to do list that grows with every day.
So, I have a new plan. Are you ready for it?
I'm going to just start doing things.
I KNOW! Isn't that the most brilliant thing you've ever heard? I thought i was a genius when I came up with it too.
Now, more than that, I'm going to have a plan. I'm starting with the decluttering process. I'm talking ruthless. RUTHLESS! It's all going. If I have to think about it, it's in the garage sale pile.
After the ruthless clean out process, it's deep cleaning time. Like selling the house type of cleaning.
Then, and only then, will I allow the fun things to happen. Decorating. Painting rooms. Hanging new pictures. Sewing new curtains. Replacing furniture. My home will be a home I'm proud to invite others into.
During the midst of the three part cleaning plan detailed above, I will have days designated to certain things - laundry day. Cleaning day. Yard day. Grocery/Baking Day. I'm going retro here. I will become June Cleaver. I will do it. I will. I need routine. I need to know my goals when I awake in the morning.
It's time, people. I'm a stay at home mom. It's high time I start acting like one!!!
It's the dawning of a new era!!!
(and yes I did just finish a gigantic mug of stout coffee...)
3 comments:
Man. You are amazing! When I first started reading your latest entry, I thought of suggesting that you have one thing each day that must be done. I soon realized that you already had that planned.
It always takes some time to get geared up for a new routine. Now, that you're engine is running, I can't wait to see what you will do!
I am cracking up. It is Jenny on hyper speed.
Your right though. It helps to have a routine. Otherwise NOTHING gets done.
Oh man, I have so much to learn from you...
If this new plan works, you should write a book.
Post a Comment