Saturday, December 6, 2008

thoughts about our life, not pictures. Are you surprised?

I am. I can't think of anything but pictures. I edit until the wee hours of the morning. But that's not what this post is about. This post is about me, my boys, and my flowing thoughts.

  • I don't have the Christmas spirit yet. The tree is up. The lights are on. The music is playing but that feeling just hasn't hit me yet. I think presents would help. Yes, that is a cynical thing to say, but hey, it's true. I love buying presents for my family and I haven't yet. Also, perhaps some holiday baking? Yes, that's the cure for sure. And maybe reading a few christmas stories.
  • I got a new phone. Mine was stupid. Died even when fully charged. Terrible interference. Buttons wouldn't work. So I just went out and bought me a new phone.It's needed for Sprinkle of Grace. And I look at my new phone with great love and adoration quite often.
  • I have to cut about 10 yards of fabric into 1" x8" strips for Mason's class. with Pinking sheers that I don't have. By Monday. Yeah. So, uh, I should probably stop blogging.
  • I got to teach a lesson when I tutored on Thursday. The teacher was using some ideas I gave her and she just kind of stopped and said, "could you take over so I could see you do this?" Uh...sure? So I did. I taught a guided writing lesson to 4th graders. I loved it. Teaching really is pretty fun, it's just all that other stuff (parents, meetings, grades, paperwork, discipline, being away from your own children for days) that just ruins it.
  • Mason wants a trampoline for Christmas. And a trash can. He literally asked for a trash can. He saw one in target and goes, "I'm gonna ask Santa for a trash can for Christmas. Because then I won't have to walk all the way to the kitchen to throw stuff away." To this I wanted to reply, "since when do you throw anything away?". Poor deprived child asking for a trash can for Christmas.
  • I need to run. For days and days and days. Things are getting tighter. And I just keep eating. But while I do miss running, I abhor the cold. I hate it. I HATE it. I can't stand being cold. But I gotta run. I just gotta!
  • I really gotta go. My to do list is glaring at me with - Oh wait, Pandora. I couldn't leave without telling you how amazing Pandora.com is. Most of you know what it is, but I have re-fallen in love with it. It's always on. What would we do without music?
  • Okay, now I'm going. The to do list is horrifically long.

1 comment:

tpot said...

Does Mason need his aunt and uncle to send him a trashcan for Christmas?...
That has to be the funniest thing I've heard all day!