The acceptably dressy, but still comfy shoes were slipped back on.
My go-with-everything capris were wiggled into.
Grant's bag was packed for a day away from momma.
Mrs. Wilde returned to the classroom today.
I tutor in about 7 different classrooms in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade and I love it. I love it. It was just so refreshing to be back in a classroom. The colorful learning posters, the stuffy smell of crayons and glue, the familiar sound of "we should be writing not talking" from teachers. It was like going home.
The only hard thing - I want to be the teacher. Not for real, but I wanted so many times, mainly in the writing classes, to teach the lesson. Not because the teacher was doing anything wrong or anything, but because it just felt odd to sit and listen and not be teaching.
They were all great teachers. I'm going to learn so much. So much.
And I'm excited about having two days away from the house to be back in a classroom. It's just the most perfect arrangement.
To top off the perfect first day, it was beef vegetable soup and grilled cheese day. A personal fave of mine. And I saw my kindergartner twice.
He's such a good provider. In so many indescribable, inexplicable, perfectly timed ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment