Monday, May 24, 2010

one for the books.

i had one of the best moments of my teaching career today.

All 52 of my students were in their homeroom lines after lunch recess. They were sweaty and hot and chatty and not-in-perfect-line-form (as always) and I yelled, "Hey 4th grade! 4th Grade! Listen!..."
They finally all got (semi)quiet and looked at me.
"Remember how hard we all worked getting ready for the writing test?"
"Yeah?"
"Do you remember how we did our best every day?"
"Yeah!"
"You know how we talked about rocking the taks test?!"
"YES!"
"And remember how I said we were gonna win the big game? How the championship was the taks test and we were already the champions?"
"YES!!!"
"Well...EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU PASSED THE WRITING TAKS TEST!"

I wish you could have seen the reaction. Jumps and screams and high fives and "no ways!" and "all of us? even me?"'s.
It was one for the books. Amazing. I'll remember it forever.

100%. Every 4th grader at crockett passed. I'm still in blissful shock. And I'm still unbelievably proud of them all...

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you need a raise!!

Jaymie Marie said...

That is great! What a good teacher you are!

kj said...

that's amazing! way to go!

ree said...

Awesome job!!!
Moments like that make every hard day worth it.

Stephanie said...

Awesome! But then, we all knew you would rock the teaching world back in college...

Proud of you Jenny :)

Leslie said...

Jenny that's awesome! You should be unbelievably proud of yourself too! Moments like that make it all seem worth it!

Meems said...

You are way to cool with your "rocking the taks test" comment. The kids must love you. Great Job!!!