Sunday, May 23, 2010

not your ordinary cocktail.

every night i take a shot.
yep.
I even toss my head back, chug it in one big gulp, and make that gritting-your-teeth-because-of-the-burn(shots burn right? Is that why people make that face?). My shot doesn't burn though.
I make that face because of the...well, you'll see.
I'm a teacher and a mother and a photographer and a woman for crying out loud and I sometimes need a little...help at the end of the day!
My help just happens to come in liquid form.
If you feel an intervention is needed, i understand.

So here's how you make the shot:


First you need two tablespoons of the good stuff.

Notice how thick and gritty it looks. The way you know you've got the good stuff is because of the pond scum resemblance.
See below how it kind of oozes down the side of the glass? Yep. yumm-o.

Then you add enough lemonade to make it even yummier.

As you can see from the image below, the good stuff settles somewhat at the bottom of the glass. You may decide if you prefer your shot shaken or stirred.
I highly recommend you at least do one of the two.
Really.
You must at least stir it or shake it.
If you don't, you'll...uh...ruin...the pleasant...the...um...unique flavors of the drink.


Then chug it! chug it! chug it! No matter how bad you want it, don't try to lick out every drop from the glass.
Keep your dignity for pete's sake!


Seriously, all my hair was falling out and I had no energy.
at.all.
so after a trip to the doctor, I found out I was a little low on a few vitamins and she recommended the cocktail above. :)
It's helped. Well, it's helped with the energy part. I still can't tell if my hair is doing any better....

I like to offer it to grant just so I can hear him say icky with a wrinkled up nose.
Mason is horrified by it.
Troy took it.
notice the past tense verb in that last sentence.
And I continue every night to take it.
I'm almost (gulp) 30 years old.
oh, good gosh that was devastating to type...
and I need to start taking better care of myself.

I do wish facials had been the remedy for lack of energy though...



5 comments:

tpot said...

oh J! I'm really not trying to be a mommy and worry about you or anything. I'm trying to be a sister-in-law/friend and read this through those eyes, but I have to know if you're okay. I already think you work so dang hard. But maybe I'll try this for my lack of energy and see how it goes, but I want to throw up just looking at it. Lastly, I really logged on to tell you that YOU ARE THE BEST PHOTOGRAPHER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD. Seriously. You are my favorite and you are the best. I was looking at another website of a photographer. A friend is getting married, and this is her photographer. I was shocked. The photos were so bland. I would look at a photo and think, "J wouldn't let this on her site. She has much better ones than these." And they are getting married at the Driskoll Hotel for pete's sake! Why? Why aren't you famous? You should be photographing every wedding in the USA and all over the world. you are really amazing. And you should be photographing every baby ever born and every couple ever engaged. I mean it just doesn't get better than YOU. Love you and hope that made your day.
-T

Meems said...

Good remedy. I may try that. For a fellow almost thirty year old who is also losing her hair, anything is worth a try:)

Wendy said...

That's just horrible, but I think I'd drink just about anything to stop my hair from falling out! I bet you'll magically start feeling better here in a few days!

Stephanie said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh. yum?

Stephanie said...

Jenny! I have disappeared from your blog roll :) You need to go see my little garden pictures...I thought of you when we planted strawberries for some reason...