Tuesday, February 23, 2010

snow day!



It was predicted, forecasted, hoped for, but i certainly didn't expect it - a real snow day!

I woke up at 6:30, peered out the window to see the wonderful whiteness and burst out of bed, ran down the hall, logged onto saisd...wait...wait...page is taking forever to load.....finally!
..huh? No announcement? Nothing.
Darn.
So I did my normal morning routine of checking gmail, then seph's blog(she has a blogroll of all the blogs I follow) and there on her little twitter sidebar it said, "SAISD is cancelled. Just waiting on a call from tlca."
WHAT?!!!!
I then ran to the TV and there it was - SAISD cancelled school for today!
Ecstatic, overjoyed, thrilled, exuberant...those words can't come close.

I tried to crawl back into bed, but it somehow reminded me of the way it felt when you're trying to sleep on Christmas morning.

But the best part about this snow day - it was a snow day. I mean it snowed! Big puffy white flakes swirling and swaying to the ground for hours. My front yard had 4 inches of fluffy heavenly white snow by 10am.

And I photographed it like crazy. So this is the first post of 4.
Look forward to:
Snow Day: Beauty
Snow Day: Boys
Snow Day: Building

2 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah P. Henry said...

i was totally gonna take that ruler photo! not as pretty as yours turned out, of course. either way, i couldn't find a ruler... so, we have snow angels instead. and fussy 1-year-olds.