So I had this great idea for a project during the last few days before TAKS.
A "8 things I know that will help me on the TAKS test" poster.
Each kid got a strip of paper about 8 inches wide, and 5 feet long, divided it into 8 boxes. Then in each box they would write AND illustrate 8 things they've learned this year.
yeah.
Being the smart teacher that I am, I had them write out their "I know" sentences on notebook paper first. These were some of their I know sentences.
I know not to write run-ons they are bad.
Uh, yeah, that's a run on people.
I know to spel my words the write way.
shoot me now.
I know how to use apostrophe's.
Oh lordy.
So, I'm just wondering. Do you think I'd look better in a Starbucks uniform or a Target one?
8 comments:
Good luck on TAKS! There is a lot of things about Glenn that I miss but getting ready for the TAKS test is definitely not one of them. I can't even imagine how teachers feel.
Thank you again for some amazing pictures!
You should at least send that in to Reader's Digest for (I think) $300. It's funny - kind of. Sorry, not funny at all.
Praying peace over your week.....
hahahahaha. that is hilarious. and i so relate. VERY thankful there is not a writing test in 6th grade. 'cause that'd be a tragedy. lord have mercy. (i'm nervous that there is some typo or error in this comment...)
That is too funny!
Good luck next week! They'll do great!
I think I need to take this opportunity to remind someone of the last time her students took a TAKS Writing test. 100% passing rate, as I recall??!
They will be fabulous. You have prepared them really good. I mean well.
Starbuck's. Definitely. You get a pound of free coffee EVERY month. I posted pictures of Abigail.
Hilarious! Fit for publishing.
I like the $300 idea.
You're definitely not cut out for Target.
PopPop
Starbucks I am thinking the free coffee is an excellent perk Or Pier One, but I highly doubt there will be a need for alternate employment, they just want to reserve their bestest work for D day. Why exert too much knowledge when it's not absolutely necessary. Sent you a chant to your email. Thinking about you.
Christy
Post a Comment