Has anyone else seen the preview for this movie?
I love it. I can't wait to see the movie. It looks amazing. And I love the children's book.
(im typing this on troy's computer on the couch. Grant was sitting on the loveseat by himself. Mason was over here by me. Grant just got up, walked over to his bubba, climbed into the spot next to him and laid his little head on mason's shoulder as mason wrapped his arm around Grant's shoulder. My heart just melted.)
Anyway, I've been thinking that I want a theme for my classroom. You know? Something that we say when we're writing, something that's motivating, something cool.
In the trailer that's 2:31 the words that flash up on the screen say,
"Inside all of us is everything you've ever seen.
everything you've ever done.
everyone you've ever loved.
There's one in all of us."
I like that. That idea that all our experiences - every memory, encounter, adventure, dream, experience, is within us and should be shared. Even if it means being a little wild(creative) to share it.
But then the other trailer says,
Inside all of us is hope.
Inside all of us is fear.
Inside all of us is a wild thing.
I like that one too. There's so much to hope for and fear in this world. So sometimes, escaping to a world of make believe is necessary.
I think the first one is better for my class. I want to play the trailer in class to introduce the theme. Mainly because I just love the trailer so darn much. I can't wait for the movie to come out. I'm gonna do a whole wild things theme i think.
I'm always so ambitious at the beginning of a school year. I wish i could bottle that up and take a big swig of it in about October when I start counting down days till christmas...
3 comments:
I think the kids will love it! They'll think you're so cool. Maybe in October when you're counting down till Christmas, you can rereaad your old blogs.
I love all your posts. I finally caught up. I'm glad things are coming together for your room. You're going to have an awesome time, and I really like your theme idea! I love that book, too! Describes boys and children so perfectly. I didn't know there was a movie! Awesome.
I'm so excited about the movie too! Its going to be great. And what an awesome idea for a theme :)
Post a Comment