I know you've all given up on me. I'm so terribly sorry.
I'm at Kylah's right now. I've been trying with some level of desperation to make her eat spicy foods and run laps so this baby boy will finally arrive. But she's not really keen on the whole running laps idea and the spicy food isn't doing anything. I don't think I'll be here to witness Michael's reaction to the "Baby, I think it's time" statement. I am infinitely saddened by this. I just want to meet this baby boy!
I went shopping yesterday. By myself. No kids. No husband. Just me and some Sprinkle money I had carefully tucked away for this very occasion. I bought some cute things, mainly work clothes. I have this hope of being a more put together, sophisticated looking teacher. In other words, maybe I'll wear a tee shirt and khaki capris only four days a week, not five. On that other day, probably Tuesday(I'm always most together - mentally and clothesely - on Tuesdays), I'll wear one of the cute tops, with the cute pants and the cute shoes and the cute colorful jewelry. Yep! Jewelry!
Think for a minute. Are you picturing me? Really try to think about the last time you saw me with earrings on? A necklace? A bracelet? Really think hard. You can't remember a time, can you? Well, time's are a-changing, girls!
On Tuesdays.
Anyway, Grant is learning new words all the time now.
That was a subject change, huh?
But he can say so many cute things now. My most favorite word now is turtle. Oh, lordy. How my heart smiles when he says "tu-tle." just darn cute. When we were at the zoo last week, he said it when he saw my favorite animal at the zoo, the Galapagos Tortoise. Oh, it was cute.
I need to write more about the zoo. And our stay at a super nice hotel for one night. And the way grant was scared of the elevator.
Mason. Mason is Gigantic. He just spent a week at Gema and Pop Pops with his cousins going to camp. My mom wrote about all of the adventures on her blog. He had a blast. As we were pulling away from gema and Pop pops house, he looked so sad staring at the window. His sweet little eyes even got watery. I'm so glad he has grandparents that love him so much. That he loves so much.
I have keys to my classroom. It's a barrack room. It's big. I was overwhelmed when I stood in it alone for the first time on thursday. It's just scary. I just don't want to disappoint them. At least I'll be cute on tuesdays.
There is a store in San Antonio called Charming Charlies. Holy Cow. My life has been changed. It's an accessory store arranged by color. If you don't know by now, I'm a color nut. Like, when I play a dominoes game, you know, with all the colored dominoes? I get more into how all the colored dots look together than the points or whatever. And I would always rearrange my new markers or crayons in rainbow order. And when i buy solid colored tee shirts in mass (which I do for non-tuesday days) I buy colors that look good together even though I'll never wear them together. Soooo, anyway, back to charming charlies. Arranged by color. Like a whole section of yellow based jewelry...next to the red section....next to the purple section. Seriously. lost my mind. and a few bucks.
I think that's all i can manage to write about today. I know this was random and haphazard but I am random and haphazard...so there you go! :)
4 comments:
Hey where abouts is Charmin Charles in SA? I will be in SA most of the day Monday and need a new store to check out.
ok totally can not spell...that's Charming Charlies
I'm so glad you're back! Yipee for the dress up days. You're doing better than I am with just Tuesdays. I get scared witless when I have to dress 'professional' for something at work. How do all those other women do it AND make it look effortless???
I will try to put the camera settings on some of the pictures in the future. If there are any in particular that you are curious about, let me know and I'll give you the info.
Keep writing. I miss you.
I LOVE Charming Charlies. We have one by our house. They have great sales on Sterling Silver every once in a while and you can win a "wine night" with your friends and get 20% off.
Post a Comment