Sunday, November 2, 2008

a wee bit stressed.

um.
so.
yeah.

Money is getting a wee bit tight.
Oh, we're fine. RIGHT now.
BUT.
If anything happens in any of the tomorrows that stretch out before me, we might be in a bit of a pickle. Or up a creek without a paddle...or a boat. Or unable to count any eggs in a basket we have on loan.

I'm a wee bit stressed. It's one of those things I've tried to just kind of let my mind glaze over in fragmented thoughts...oh, this will happen.... If we can just...then we'll...and it'll be okay...and really we're gonna start...

but the glaze is getting a bit watered down over here and I'm starting to see things a bit too clearly.

I'm trying not to worry about it - I've seen God's work in our finances before. He can write a pretty hefty paycheck just any ol' time. And he has. I have no doubt that he'll take care of us.

BUT.

we have to do our part, right?
(insert parable of the talents analogy)
We have to spend better.
Save more.
Waste less.
and, simply, Make more.
God can totally pay all our bills and then some, but I don't think he just hands it over without us doing our fair share.

So, Sprinkle is going to have to go crazy. I'm cranking it up a notch...i don't really know how yet, but, oh, it's crankin'!
I think I'm going to actually look into the teaching-writing-to-homeschoolers idea. I get little butterflies of excitement about that idea.
I might try to sell some artsy photographs somehow...how, i don't know. But I think I'd love trying. I REALLY get butterflies over this idea.
And I have about, oh, a dozen or so, other ideas bouncing around in this flighty brain of mine.

It'll be okay.
I just like to know how, you know?
But we'll be fine.

i'm just a wee bit stressed. Today.

But tomorrow...Tomorrow is a whole new day...

4 comments:

Ask Spraytopia said...

Your trust is in the right place, friend. God will provide.

Meems

Sara_Smiles said...

For the selling of artsy photos... may I suggest going to etsy.com. There, you sell handmade/homemade products. It's just the forum you need.

Love and miss you, friend!

Stephanie said...

http://www.sachsa.org/ This is the Christian homeschool organization in San Angelo. They advertise special things created for homeschoolers...you may be able to contact them and get an "ad" on their website to see if that will generate interest for your writing class...or a photography class...or both :)

Diane said...

What about placing some of your art on consignment in some of the salons around town. I know my nail salon (Tippetts) has done that sort of thing, and Reflections has a little boutique as well. I'll bet others do, also. Also, I think Wit's End on Sherwood Way takes things on consignment.