How have I not blogged about the fact that I, me, Jenny the scared-to-host-a-playdate, is hosting my family's Thanksgiving? Yep! And if you know me very well, you know that my family is quite large...so...
Me
Troy
Mason
Grant
Mom
Don
Bekah
Gina
Cindy
Amber
Hayden
Jerry
Tammie
Jess
Mrs. Fisher
Mrs. Fisher's friend
Christy
Dave
Morgan
Mckenzie
Amy
Jon
Bailey
Brock
Micah
Tania
Elizabeth
Rebecca
Blaine
Kara(yay!)
Josh
will all be sitting down for dinner here on Thursday. No, I haven't a clue where or on what they'll be sitting. But it's going to be so very much fun!
I have been a wee bit stressed about the whole thing I must admit. It doesn't help that I have shoots like crazy, but now that the food's all been bought, the house is somewhat cleaner and i'm getting past the fact that people will blame me if it's the worst Thanksgiving ever, I am very very very excited to see my huge fun crazy family! I just cannot wait!
They start filtering in on Tuesday with Gema and Pop pop and I told 'em I'm kicking them out on Saturday! : )
When I was a little girl, someone asked me what my favorite holiday was and I said "thanksgiving because my whole family is together." The adult asking the question didn't believe me, but it's true! I mean think about it - great food, the best people, parades, football, no pressure to find the perfect gift, pies, pies and more pies...It is the best!
(Boy! I hope i don't ruin it!)
5 comments:
You will cherish this Thanksgiving for years...your first year to host the family...even if something(s) go wrong, it will be special...believe me!
And if you have room for them, I have a 6' table, a couple of card tables and 10 folding chairs you are welcome to borrow!
It'll be great! Enjoy it!
I'm super excited for Thanksgiving! I'm going to make a to-die-for carrot cake. I think I'm going to have to wait til Christmas for the gelato. I don't think it will make the long drive to SA from Austin without melting.
Yay Thanksgiving! yay for turkey!
Oh, now you're scaring me. Can I stay home? Just kidding. I can't wait to see everyone.
you will do fine.
i cooked last year. not for THAT many ppl. it was just me and tj and our brand new baby and we didn't want to go anywhere so we cooked a small turkey and some of the other yummy sides.
i was nervous then too. and it was just tj i had to worry about. atleast you'll have some help before hand since you're company is trickling in early.
no worries.
you obviously know how to cook. no matter how overwhelming an experience seems, knowing how to cook is the most important thing!
have a great time! happy thanksgiving! i'm so glad your whole family is getting together.
and we never have enough chairs when folks come over either. someone's always on the floor or the couch.
whoa!!! that's crazy. please tell your family hi from me!! i will be praying for you. ;) i know it will be fun... if a bit crazy!
Post a Comment