Friday, November 14, 2008

a gut feeling.

I'm up way too late editing way too many pictures way too many ways. I'm not super thrilled with the pictures I'm editing. I don't know. They're just kind of...blah. But then I opened one. And it just stirs something in my gut. The way the mom smiled at me while her son looked at her and the older son is reacting to something the dad just said.

It's a moment.

And it's that gut feeling, when I see a moment in the image, that makes me want to get better. Not crawl under a rock and hide. Those glimpses of what images should be... I can do this. I can do this. I am doing this.

Thank you, Jesus, for moments.

3 comments:

Sarah P. Henry said...

You're not gonna show us?!

La said...

It's hard to have confidence in ourselves when we are new at something and aren't the best. I totally know what you're talking about. I've had to pray for confidence a lot here lately! God does deliver though.

I'm with Seph - are you going to show us this moment?

tpot said...

You CAN do it! You are already doing it. Keep going. Don't give up, or we will all be sad! I can't believe Grant is walking. I looked at his picture and exclaimed to Micah, "He's standing! That means...he's walking?" It took me a few bewildered moments to realize, "Well, yeah, Tania he is over a year old. Where have you been?" I just can't believe he's not a baby anymore! Bahhhhhhh!